Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
ahopkinsVTX

Truck/Tow Vehicle Tire Pressure

ahopkinsVTX

What does everyone run for tire pressure in their tow vehicle tires? Manufacture recommended pressure or something different?

Specifically on my truck I have General Grabber AT2 e-rates tires. I think these are a bit bigger than the stock tires. Should I run them at the manufacture suggested pressure or different?

oldjeep

I run mine at 42 rather than the 35? On the door panel. My tires have a higher load rating and max pressure than stock, so I just picked a pressure that keeps the tread square so they don't wear funny.

Falko

I run anywhere from half way between door and max up to the max depending on how much crap I have in the truck.

Pnwrider

Usually mid to high 60s.

MalibuNation

Recommended pressure and no more than the recommended speed.

nyryan2001

Recommended door jam pressure +3-4 psi.

Door jam specs almost always leave me with under inflated uneven wear. +3-4 usually gets me very close.

jetskipro550

70psi in the for the summer months when I'm towing/hauling. Otherwise 60psi most of the rest of the year. They have a max psi of 80 and are load range e 10 ply

DarkSide

80 front 65 in the rears, just like for says. Ran all 6 at 60 for a while, front tires did not fare well, so now running 80.

SamuelBurnett

I too prefer door jam pressure +3-4 psi. Want to know more about the actual pressure required as per need click here.

That Guy

I run 40psi in my stock 20's. Door sticker says 35 so I guess I'm part of the 3-4* over sticker club.

Soon2BV

Limit on the tire in summer when towing, and at the lower end during winter.

MadMan

I think these are a bit bigger than the stock tires.

If you're running larger (width and/or diameter) you can, and probably should, run a lower than recommended pressure. This will keep the same load carrying and tire wear characteristics.