Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in the gas?

evanlaczi

I have a 1998 Malibu response V8 350 carbureted engine I was wake surfing I think I may have gotten in the gas tank through breather hose has anyone else experienced this before if so what is the best way to get the water out? I had all fat sacs on passenger side and surf gate was spraying water in direction of hose. Boat eventually stalled out since then running no issues Or does someone think boat ran out of gas Because of how I had weight placed in the boat?

How much gas was in the tank and which side is the fuel line on? Most are on the starboard (driver) side.

If you did get some water in the tank it should get absorbed by alcohol in the gas - if you use the standard 10% alcohol gas. Just be sure to burn it down near empty and fill up with pure gasoline before winter.