Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help with throttle diagram...

seth9180

Last week we came in from boating to pick up some friends. Clicked the boat in reverse and then forward and idled out to the lake. Once we were out of the no wake zone I went to give it throttle but nothing. Still just idling. I pulled the throttle out and saw a threaded rod with 2 nuts on it had came apart from a lever. Put it all back together and finally have throttle. But after that I found a 4" spring laying below the throttle. Not sure where that spring goes. I also need to adjust the threaded rod because when I put the boat in reverse it revs and sticks at 2k rmps. If I jiggle the throttle it returns to normal. Guessing the spring has something to do with that. I didn't take pics but can.

Edited by seth9180

While I'm here I'll ask another question. When I pull the boat out I've noticed a good bit of water coming out of the hull where the prop shaft comes out. Almost like pouring water out of a water bottle. Not just dripping. Boat is a 2006 23lsv

While I'm here I'll ask another question. When I pull the boat out I've noticed a good bit of water coming out of the hull where the prop shaft comes out. Almost like pouring water out of a water bottle. Not just dripping. Boat is a 2006 23lsv

That should be fairly normal. The shaft is water cooled. Yours may have a dripless shaft seal. There will be a hose running to it and it drains for a while after coming out of the water.

I'm pretty sure Teleflex Marine (manufacturer of the MV-3 control lever) got bought out by SeaStar Solutions. http://www.seastarsolutions.com/

Your best bet is to call them an talk to an engineer at SeaStar (you used to be able to call the Teleflex Marine engineers) - depending on your control unit, some people have added springs to apply tension and keep them from moving due to boat vibration. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Any chance that someone knows where you can buy parts for the MV-3 unit? Specifically part #311352 (Hub Insert with Logo)

Or hey - if you decide that you want to buy a whole new unit, I'm just after the little plug that says "MORSE" on it since mine cracked prior to myself purchasing it.

Edited by jonredcorn

Spring is a return spring for the throttle-mate, which is the rheostat that provided the fly-by-wire sensor on the back of your MV3 throttle assembly.

Peter