Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First post, have some questions...

Cmb396

I've decided I'm going to order a T23 this winter, and have a few questions.

First, is there anywhere I can build one and option it out for a price? All I can find is the color build. MB and Axis websites aren't the greatest to say the least.

My next question is on the motor, I've read in the other post the motor upgrade may not be necessary based on location. I'm below a 1000', about 600 actually, I will normally never have more than 8-9 people in the boat, with only 4 being adults. Normally tho will just be my wife and two boys. So not a lot of extra weight. Our main purpose will be surfing for getting the boat. With occasional boarding.

Secondly, for now, how is the factory stereo? Is it worth the upgrade? I'm in tight with local audio shop, and generally have them do all my upgrades. I can't even find the price options for the stage 2 and 3 upgrades.

Obviously, there will be a lot more questions to come, but these seem to be the biggest cost factors going into the price. Let me know what yall think, thanks!!

Also, I'm in the market for a black or charcoal and orange boat. Can't seem to find any anywhere tho. My closest dealer is in MD, and I would entertain finding a left over 15 rather than ordering a 16. Thanks!!

You can't build and price a boat online you would need to visit a dealer for that, the websites do suck. At your altitude you will be fine with the 350 engine unless you plan on slamming the boat with 4k plus ballast. The easiest way to save money is to order with a stereo delete and get your audio guy to do a custom system, the price Malibu/Axis charge for stereo options is retarded. I know where there is a very nice 2015 Charcoal T23 for sale but it is in Canada!

I've decided I'm going to order a T23 this winter, and have a few questions.

First, is there anywhere I can build one and option it out for a price? All I can find is the color build. MB and Axis websites aren't the greatest to say the least.

My next question is on the motor, I've read in the other post the motor upgrade may not be necessary based on location. I'm below a 1000', about 600 actually, I will normally never have more than 8-9 people in the boat, with only 4 being adults. Normally tho will just be my wife and two boys. So not a lot of extra weight. Our main purpose will be surfing for getting the boat. With occasional boarding.

Secondly, for now, how is the factory stereo? Is it worth the upgrade? I'm in tight with local audio shop, and generally have them do all my upgrades. I can't even find the price options for the stage 2 and 3 upgrades.

Obviously, there will be a lot more questions to come, but these seem to be the biggest cost factors going into the price. Let me know what yall think, thanks!!

Also, I'm in the market for a black or charcoal and orange boat. Can't seem to find any anywhere tho. My closest dealer is in MD, and I would entertain finding a left over 15 rather than ordering a 16. Thanks!!

The MB site provides (list) pricing on the options tab. Obviously negotiation is in play as well.

IMHO, the 350 is fine. on my MB 22' I run ~2800 in ballast + peeps and with a 2079 prop it has zero difficulty (in MI, approx 600').

I'm not an audiophile so the stock stereo was fine...even better when I added a WS420 and tuned it in. From what I've seen here those that want to rock the sandbar go stereo delete and have the "pros" do it.

Thanks fellas! Good to know the 350 will be fine, just saves on order cost, and fuel down the road.

As far as ballast, from what I've gathered, in addition to stock, additional 900s in the back and a 650 up front seem to be the magic number for surfing. None of can wakeboard well enough to need that much ballast, so that will be a non issue.

As for "rocking the sanbar", that's not me, just past experience has proven that "factory upgrades" still suck and you can get a lot nicer stereo by doing it yourself. I don't want to be the loudest, I just like a good clean sounding system with a little bit of thump.

Do you know if doing the stereo delete has everything prewired? The one thing I could see is a wiring nightmare on an assembled boat.

Sucks the closest dealer is 3 hours away from me, or if just stop in and figure all this stuff out!

I love car/boat audio and SP2 has been more than plenty for me.

We have a T22 and we primarily surf. Everyonce in awhile dump the ballast and go for a boarding cruise. 350 with acme 2247 or OJ 948 prop has been great for us.

I guess I will have to listen to them first hand and make my decision from there. Of course, when my son and I made the 3 hour trek to look at them the other day, none of them had batteries on them!!

That is the magic number for weight you are correct and then you will just have to play with speed and wedge up or down to get what you like. You are correct with the stereo delete you can get a lot nicer for cheaper if you delete. The boats come prewired for speakers just not subs and amps if I remember correctly.

I run 950's and 750 FlyHi bags on mine. I bought a 14 May of this year, which came which SP1 (it was a leftover boat which I received a killer deal). Then did aftermarket upgrade adding amps, Skylon Vector 8's, sub, EQ, and 2 bow speakers that matched the cabin speakers.

If I was ordering from Factory, I would do stereo delete. They come pre-wired.

As my dealer told me SP2 and SP3 are stupid expensive.

I have SP2 in my T22. I'm impressed with it and I'm an old car stereo junkie. I think the 350 with the 2249 will be plenty for you. Hit up RobSMalibu on here, he has a T23 (awesome black and metallic red, that I think he may be selling soon).

I run 950's and 750 FlyHi bags on mine. I bought a 14 May of this year, which came which SP1 (it was a leftover boat which I received a killer deal). Then did aftermarket upgrade adding amps, Skylon Vector 8's, sub, EQ, and 2 bow speakers that matched the cabin speakers.

If I was ordering from Factory, I would do stereo delete. They come pre-wired.

As my dealer told me SP2 and SP3 are stupid expensive.

Boat Country?

My boat came with sound 1. I had my dealer add a setup similar to MannClann. Except I went with Wetsounds instead of Sklyon. I think I paid about 3k. I think SP2 is around 3k and SP3 is around 4k? I like the new options and would probably consider SP3, especially if it came with a 5 year warranty. There might even be some wiggle room on price.

Engine - You would probably be fine with the 350 but please consider an upgrade. Especially if you surf.

I have 4 skylon vector 8's on a RF T1000-4 amp and they are LOUD. I have a buddy that has the same amp but wetsounds rev 8's and the skylons do sound better, with more mid bass. I think that's due to the fact that the skylon housings are almost the size of the rev 10s giving them more airspace.

I'm one of the few that say go for the engine upgrade. I've been in various boats with the 330/350/409/ and my ls3.

The best way I can explain it is. Driving my buddies a22 with the 350 and 3k of ballast feels just like my a22 with the 450 and over 5k of ballast. Although the 350 may be enough, you'll also have to prop down and you'll lose a few mph and burn way more fuel when cruising around unweighted.

I have 4 skylon vector 8's on a RF T1000-4 amp and they are LOUD. I have a buddy that has the same amp but wetsounds rev 8's and the skylons do sound better, with more mid bass. I think that's due to the fact that the skylon housings are almost the size of the rev 10s giving them more airspace.

I'm one of the few that say go for the engine upgrade. I've been in various boats with the 330/350/409/ and my ls3.

The best way I can explain it is. Driving my buddies a22 with the 350 and 3k of ballast feels just like my a22 with the 450 and over 5k of ballast. Although the 350 may be enough, you'll also have to prop down and you'll lose a few mph and burn way more fuel when cruising around unweighted.

Are you talking about a 350 with the bigger reduction?