Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Axis surfs best?

malibudog

According to my dealer/Buddy... He sold a T23 to a customer who runs 6000lbs in ballast and regularly has 10 people on the boat. I have yet to surf it but it's supposedly the biggest and longest wave he's ever surfed. If I could fit the T23 in the garage, we would be ordering one instead of a T22

But seriously, I would say a slammed T23 would cause G owners to second guess their purchase.

Agree. But don't forget to plan your ballast ahead of time! Some dealers are better than others, but it would suck to show up expecting to demo a sweet wave and the dealer doesn't know how to weight the boat properly.

I would have to say that with ten people in the boat and six thousand pounds of ballast that you'd better order the biggest motor available. My buddy has a '15 A22 and loads it up with about 5k of balast and four to six people typically and has the 350 motor. That motor is screaming and its barely getting the nose outta there air if at all!

• Like 1

Wouldn't the easy answer be the A24? I've never surfed it but my A22 wave is better than an A20. Isn't it all about displacement?

I demoed a 23' Malibu and the wave was bigger than my wave.

T23 has a better shaped wave than A24. I have an A24 and my buddy has a T23. Size is similar. T23 has a little more curl at the end.

T23 has a better shaped wave than A24. I have an A24 and my buddy has a T23. Size is similar. T23 has a little more curl at the end.

I keep forgetting the T23 is bigger than 23'. So I guess the T23 would be the best surfing axis followed by the A24 as a close runner up? I'll have to try to demo those boats sometime.

Edited by vanamp

I keep forgetting the T23 is bigger than 23'. So I guess the T23 would be the best surfing axis followed by the A24 as a close runner up? I'll have to try to demo those boats sometime.

When my buddy and I tied up our boats (A24 and T23) side by side the interior cabin you cannot see a difference in size, everything lines up. So the T23 sacrificed length somewhere else.

The T23 is definitely a BIG 23 footer.

23'7"...not really a true 23. I can see why they call it a T23 and not a T24. Good marketing since some buyers don't want a 24 and the success of the 23 LSV.

For reference if you have not been in a T23... In my A22 when I step down off the swim deck into the cabin I always put my hand on tower speakers. Doing the same thing on the T23 I cannot touch the tower speakers.

For reference if you have not been in a T23... In my A22 when I step down off the swim deck into the cabin I always put my hand on tower speakers. Doing the same thing on the T23 I cannot touch the tower speakers.

What year is your A22?

It is a 2013.

Ok, it has nothing to do with the boat size. It's the new tower shape. I have a 2014 A24 which has the older tower. Tower change was in 2015 so it moves the tower crossbar much more forward as you can see in this pic of my 2014 A24 and my buddy's 2015 T23. Towers are different and my tower swoops back further. I too can touch my tower speakers stepping down from the sunpad so it's a tower design...not the boat size.

image_zpssotufh2j.jpg

Also, there is a difference between T series and A series boats on where the helm and tower are along the length of the boat. If you compare a T22 and an A22, you will notice the whole helm/wind screen area is further back on the A series, and thus the "conference room" of the boat is smaller in the A series, but more length in the bow. That could be part of the difference, too.

BTW, hi, everyone. This is my first post; I'm a prospective Axis owner. Test drive coming up Friday.

• Like 2

Also, there is a difference between T series and A series boats on where the helm and tower are along the length of the boat. If you compare a T22 and an A22, you will notice the whole helm/wind screen area is further back on the A series, and thus the "conference room" of the boat is smaller in the A series, but more length in the bow. That could be part of the difference, too.

BTW, hi, everyone. This is my first post; I'm a prospective Axis owner. Test drive coming up Friday.

Welcome aboard! Which Axis will you be testing out?

Back on topic: I have surged behind a 2015 A22 and 2016 T22. I like the T22 a little bit more but am a beginner and believe my judgement is related more to liking the T22 better overall.

We will be testing out the 2016 A22. Was considering 2015 leftovers, but the change in the warranty is too significant, so going with 2016. Will be testing an MB, too, a few days later. Within the axis line, I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the T22, A22, or if I should splurge for the T23. I'm enjoying reading the forum to get up to speed.

We will be testing out the 2016 A22. Was considering 2015 leftovers, but the change in the warranty is too significant, so going with 2016. Will be testing an MB, too, a few days later. Within the axis line, I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the T22, A22, or if I should splurge for the T23. I'm enjoying reading the forum to get up to speed.

You'll wish you had gotten the T23 so just get it. Never heard anyone say they wish they had less room or less of a surf wave.