Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help from any fellow 06/07 vride owners

russtheskiguy

Hello everyone,

I just bought an 06 Vride this summer. I love the boat and am happy to be joining the Malibu community. Unfortunately, between purchasing and the first time out, somehow one of the pieces of the bimini frame came off and is now lost forever. I talked to a local Malibu dealer and they need a picture of the tag on the bimini cover with OEM part numbers etc. The tag on my cover is missing in action so they can't locate the part. I think the tower and cover were done by MetCraft which is no longer in business which may be complicating the issue a bit more. Anyways, if any other Vride owners from that timeframe would be willing to take a picture of the tag on their bimini so I could pass it to the dealer, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers

Welcome Russ!

Congrats on the new to you boat! We love ours. I will not see my boat until Friday evening also but I will take a pic if there

is a tag. What piece are you missing?

Wow, thanks everyone for the quick responses and willingness to help. I took a look at Bakes online that Ndawg12 posted and it looks like they have a suitable part so I shouldn't need pics after all. When I talked to the dealer they said they had coordinated with the company who now makes Malibu tops and their engineering department was willing to make the part I need. I shouldn't need that now but that is impressive customer service. They could have easily just said metcraft is out of business and we can't help you so buy a new cover. I've been very impressed with the Malibu dealer (Texas Malibu South), especially since they weren't even the dealership that sold this boat. It gives me confidence that owning a Malibu will be a good experience.

Thanks again everyone.

Edited by russtheskiguy