Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

finally...32off monkey is off my back!

h2o_nhk

Very nice! Any pb is a great pb and yours is awesome. I was thrilled last week to finally break the 30mph barrier and get 3 balls at 31mph and 18.5 off (have a nice training rope that has half loops for all lengths - gotta love the baby steps). Gunna get all 6 tomorrow night unless the lightening in the forecast shows up! Took 40 yrs but think I'm getting the hang of the bouy thing!

ahopkins22LSV

Awesome man!! That's some awesome skiing. Did you take a shot at -35?

I thought last weekend I was going to get a shot at -28. I haven't run -22@36mph yet and I was at 5 ball in ok position, late, but ok. Not sure if it was excitement or panic but way over turned (I'm a lefty as well so I knew I could get to 6 if I made a good turn...). I was way out over the front of my ski so I let go at the wakes. Wasn't a tournament so no sense getting hurt. That was still a PB for me as well so I was still happy but bummed I missed an opportunity! Oh well this weekend!

• Like 2

Awesome man!! That's some awesome skiing. Did you take a shot at -35?

I thought last weekend I was going to get a shot at -28. I haven't run -22@36mph yet and I was at 5 ball in ok position, late, but ok. Not sure if it was excitement or panic but way over turned (I'm a lefty as well so I knew I could get to 6 if I made a good turn...). I was way out over the front of my ski so I let go at the wakes. Wasn't a tournament so no sense getting hurt. That was still a PB for me as well so I was still happy but bummed I missed an opportunity! Oh well this weekend!

I should have but didn't....it was getting late in the evening and the course wasn't very well lit. Between each pass we have to stop for a few minutes to let it settle out a bit due to the water level being up a little higher than normal. If we don't the return rollers are always right at the gate (not a good thing for a first time 35off pass)

i'm thankful i'm in the 34mph age bracket....i ran a few passes last year at 36mph to see what it was like....wow...what a difference 2mph can make! Out over the front at the wake at 36 is definitely not a good place to be... Congrats on the PB though!

ahopkins22LSV

I should have but didn't....it was getting late in the evening and the course wasn't very well lit. Between each pass we have to stop for a few minutes to let it settle out a bit due to the water level being up a little higher than normal. If we don't the return rollers are always right at the gate (not a good thing for a first time 35off pass)

i'm thankful i'm in the 34mph age bracket....i ran a few passes last year at 36mph to see what it was like....wow...what a difference 2mph can make! Out over the front at the wake at 36 is definitely not a good place to be... Congrats on the PB though!

Sounds like our course. We get 4 passes before rollers from sea walls come back into the course. Makes working on your "wall" pass a bit difficult.

36 is crazy. The funny is I'm now used to it. My opener at 34 feels like 32 used to for me a year or two ago. And actually my 15@36 is slowing down a lot for me too. Amazing what some time at a speed or line length does for confidence.

Damn this sport is addicting!

• Like 3

Nice work! -32 is my favorite length. I can get away with stuff at -32 which I can't at -35. My -35 has to be nearly perfect to run it, which isn't normally the case. Have fun and keep up the great progression!! It's all in the gate and 1 ball. :rockon: