Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wicked Wake Install Problems

747captain

The problem is.

The Brackett does not fit my deck.

It will take either removing (cutting) the decking or increase the width of the bracket neither of which I can/wil do.

So what did you all have to do to get this to fit??

No one has mentioned having to do this as part of the install.

Mine didn't fit so I e-mailed them on a Sunday and he called me within an hour (on a Sunday). I sent him a picture and I had a new part on Tuesday. I new they would take care of me but didn't expect it so fast. works perfect now.

These boats are not all identical from boat to boat. My neighbor at boat storage has an 06 vlx and his boat and mine have quite a few parts that are different. I know his platform is the same but has a different factory pad and different wedge door and latch. I'm sure they will be able to send you the right parts.

Would someone with a fiberglass, rubber padded swim deck measure the bracket and there deck.

They are telling me they have NO issues with either deck fitting.

Mine does not fit and I told them it was fiberglass not teak.

If it dident have rubber padding it might fit.

I estimate a full 1/8" off

MY brackett is 2" wide

Edited by 747captain

They have AWESOME customer service. My bracket snapped and they had a new one to me within the week. I would highly recommend these guys. That said make sure you build a safety cord in case they kick off. Mine slipped on last week (no idea how) and it would have been gone forever if I hadnt had the safety cord. PS these dont float!!!

Edited by TC_2006_VLX
  • Like 1

I agree and was thinking that very thing.

Would you post how you did that.

I was also wondering about those long sheet rock screws they provide for attaching the pieces together. I may use a recessed Stainless like they used.

I took a vinyl covered cable and had loops created on each side. This can be purchased from your local Ace hardware for like 5 bucks. Then I bought a stainless steel carabiner (spend lil SOBs) and attached that on one end. Slide the cord through the 2 holes in the middle and then loop it through one of the loops you had created so it has a good hold. Then take your carabiner and snap that on to your back c hook and you have hedged your wake bet! I would also STRONGLY recommend swapping out the twisty piece they provide as its zinc platted. That sucker being the water as much as it is will rust in no time. I upgraded that at the same time when I was at Ace. Two buddies and I all ordered the wicked wake for VLX, VTX, and LSV. All 3 of us absolutely love the product once you get it dialed in. The goofy foot wake is especially good... to bad im normal. Again i was mind blown by their customer service especially with being a small shop out of a garage. Only pitfall is the fiance says we dont need to upgrade boats any time soon now haha

They have AWESOME customer service. My bracket snapped and they had a new one to me within the week. I would highly recommend these guys. That said make sure you build a safety cord in case they kick off. Mine slipped on last week (no idea how) and it would have been gone forever if I hadnt had the safety cord. PS these dont float!!!

Mine float.

• 2 weeks later...