Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth issues

Sunscape fan

I have a 2014 VLX with the Bluetooth. It has been working flawlessly with my iPhone 5....until our last outing. I couldn't get the boat to recognize my phone. Does anyone know why? And what the repair for it is? I should state I don't have the most up to date iOS. But does that matter? It's been working before with no problems.

I installed the Bluetooth dongle on the head unit. So I now have both the Medallian Bluetooth and the Bluetooth on the head unit. Cost me about $30 on Amazon. When I first installed the Bluetooth dongle, it did not work. I had to have the head unit replaced, some type of problem. Then I had to delete the saved phones as MLA suggests and re pair them. It then worked fine. The dongle Bluetooth is better because you can control the phone from the head unit and the transom remote, i.e. You can change tracks. I could not do this with the Medallion Bluetooth.

I installed the Bluetooth dongle on the head unit. So I now have both the Medallian Bluetooth and the Bluetooth on the head unit. Cost me about $30 on Amazon. When I first installed the Bluetooth dongle, it did not work. I had to have the head unit replaced, some type of problem. Then I had to delete the saved phones as MLA suggests and re pair them. It then worked fine. The dongle Bluetooth is better because you can control the phone from the head unit and the transom remote, i.e. You can change tracks. I could not do this with the Medallion Bluetooth.

So in my boat I was told I need the bluetooth module and harness to get my bluetooth to work. Dealer quoted me $600. Is this something I could do easily/cheap off of Amazon???

sixer,

What model black box do you have? That unit in the link is model specific. If you are willing to give up a hard wired AUX, then you could use one of the universal BT's like the Wet Sounds BTVC or the JL MBT-RX

I installed the JBL and I think I may order the Exile one. I was slightly disappointed that I kept losing signal from the beach with my boat anchored 5 feet from the shore. I have the actual Rockford bluetooth and added the JBL to the AUX port. The JBL sounds better, but you do lose the ability to change songs from the head unit.

sixer,

What model black box do you have? That unit in the link is model specific. If you are willing to give up a hard wired AUX, then you could use one of the universal BT's like the Wet Sounds BTVC or the JL MBT-RX

I'll have to check.........I'm guessing it's not the 5000. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate the help. You mean the AUX in the glove box right?? Sounds easy......and cheap!

I'll have to check.........I'm guessing it's not the 5000. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate the help. You mean the AUX in the glove box right?? Sounds easy......and cheap!

Kinda, but the actual AUX input at the head-unit, which the glove box socket is currently connected to.

I installed the dongle that sicker showed and it was all I needed. My dealer also quoted me a high price and told me this one would not work. Works fine. I have the RFX5000 HU

Delete the boat from the phones list of paired devices and start over. Usually works for me when I cant pair with a device ive paired with previously. [/quote

Thanks!! I tried this and it worked well. Do you find you have to do this often?