Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Stainless Cup Holders

jonredcorn

Hi crew! I'm looking for recommendations on stainless cup holders. I'm potentially looking to get a total of 16, so after a while they start to add up cost wise.

I am aware of the 3-1/2" cup holders from Bakes that are a perfect match, include pads and a gasket to keep them from rattling - they look pretty great! ~$9 each.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on other places where they found comparable stainless cup holders at a decent price...

Because I see deals on ebay like this and they look almost identical, and at $5 each, I'm saving a pretty penny... but does anyone know what kind of quality these are?

I'm the type of person who would rather do it right the first time even if it takes more time and $$ rather than fix it later, but I can't really see what I'm paying extra $70 for here, seeing as though both are about the same size, stainless, include the pads and gaskets. Only freshwater use - live 1000s of miles from the ocean, so I think I'm not too worried about corrosion.

Also while we're at it - My 2005 VLX has 4 cup holders on each side in the back, but I could cut out the space between and add an additional 4 cup holders, which would be great considering we're always short of cup holders... Has anyone tried this and do they wish they hadn't done it after the mod?

(I'll add pictures later since people love those.)

Ha - interesting. I traced that Amazon seller to an ebay account with a matching name... noticed that the item location on that account is identical to the ebay deal.... (Hebron, Kentucky) who seems to have multiple accounts with all sorts of different prices on the same items. Weird!

Looks promising though!

I bought 6 cup holders from eBay, stainless, with the two different diameters, with pads, drain tubes, and double sided foam tape around the rim. From China and cheap and they are great.

I bought 6 cup holders from eBay, stainless, with the two different diameters, with pads, drain tubes, and double sided foam tape around the rim. From China and cheap and they are great.

Come on man...help a brotha out.

Guys - how much are you going to save, $60 or so? The rest of your boat is gorgeous, why cheap out on the cup holders?

Got mine from Bakes with the Crewmember discount. No problems, you know what you are getting, and if something went wrong with them you have a good people to help you work thru the problem. Cost me $75. Gave my money to a good business with good people running it, in our own country.

Guys - how much are you going to save, $60 or so? The rest of your boat is gorgeous, why cheap out on the cup holders?

Got mine from Bakes with the Crewmember discount. No problems, you know what you are getting, and if something went wrong with them you have a good people to help you work thru the problem. Cost me $75. Gave my money to a good business with good people running it, in our own country.

Well see... When I tried to order, the cup holders were out of stock, so I looked around after that and it got me thinking about it...

I am not seeing a difference between the Malibu cups (which are likely made in China) and the Amazon / Ebay ones that are sold by the business from Kentucky. I wasn't seeing it as cheeping out as much as spending extra $$ that could be used elsewhere. I have yet to cheap out If the quality was something remarkably different or we could confirm the Malibu/Bakes cups are manufactured in the USA, that might change my mind - but then again, they are just cup holders.

I've even considered the SeaSense ones on Amazon due to the quality/reviews they are reported to have and are also Shiny vs brushed.

Does anyone know if the Malibu ones are Brushed Stainless or shiny stainless?

As for supporting Bakes - I've purchased a LOT from them this year, and that extra $70 I would save has already gone towards a new steering cable from Bakes.

Come on man...help a brotha out.

I have no idea what you mean by this, I was trying to help him out. I would almost guarantee all those cup holders are made in China, doesn't matter who's selling them as their own.

I have no idea what you mean by this, I was trying to help him out. I would almost guarantee all those cup holders are made in China, doesn't matter who's selling them as their own.

I was meaning like seller or a link. Sounds like you found a good deal.

Well see... When I tried to order, the cup holders were out of stock, so I looked around after that and it got me thinking about it...

I am not seeing a difference between the Malibu cups (which are likely made in China) and the Amazon / Ebay ones that are sold by the business from Kentucky. I wasn't seeing it as cheeping out as much as spending extra $$ that could be used elsewhere. I have yet to cheap out If the quality was something remarkably different or we could confirm the Malibu/Bakes cups are manufactured in the USA, that might change my mind - but then again, they are just cup holders.

I've even considered the SeaSense ones on Amazon due to the quality/reviews they are reported to have and are also Shiny vs brushed.

Does anyone know if the Malibu ones are Brushed Stainless or shiny stainless?

As for supporting Bakes - I've purchased a LOT from them this year, and that extra $70 I would save has already gone towards a new steering cable from Bakes.

Im with you. Bakes has gotten plenty of my dough.

These are on my Christmas list this year for family so best deal works for me. I'll follow this and save the link/seller to be able to provide to my non-boating family members who will be lost. LOL.

Makes sense, fair enough.

I will say they are a must, it capped off my new Echelon interior.

Do they come stock now on a $100k boat?

They don't come stock on the $70K axis boat I know that. It was an option that I wanted so bad to un-check but knew I wanted them so I coughed up the dough rather than trying to find the multiple sizes later on.

They don't come stock on the $70K axis boat I know that. It was an option that I wanted so bad to un-check but knew I wanted them so I coughed up the dough rather than trying to find the multiple sizes later on.

Wow! Well I guess at least it's an option.

Well this is a pretty crazy conspiracy and I could be wrong - but I think all of the cup holders mentioned so far are literally the same and made from the same place.

I'm either going to get these from ebay (same seller and product as 2014Skier posted but more holders for less $$): http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pcs-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Drink-Holder-Marine-Boat-RV-Camper-fast-shipping-/330867631481?hash=item4d093f6579&vxp=mtr

or see what marinehardware.com (Supplies them to Malibu) will sell them for (Check Page 41 - http://www.marinehardware.com/downloads/import.pdf) (Note that these guys sell every variation of these cup holders that I've seen so far)

**Edit - follow up - I called marinehardware.com and they quoted me at just under $8 / cup holder. I would go with the Bakes ones for that $$ and get/use the malibucrew coupon for paid members

Edited by jonredcorn

Well this is a pretty crazy conspiracy and I could be wrong - but I think all of the cup holders mentioned so far are literally the same and made from the same place.

I'm either going to get these from ebay (same seller and product as 2014Skier posted but more holders for less $$): http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pcs-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Drink-Holder-Marine-Boat-RV-Camper-fast-shipping-/330867631481?hash=item4d093f6579&vxp=mtr

or see what marinehardware.com (Supplies them to Malibu) will sell them for (Check Page 41 - http://www.marinehardware.com/downloads/import.pdf) (Note that these guys sell every variation of these cup holders that I've seen so far)

How many do we need for our boat? Shoot the guy a message and say you want 2 boats worth at $3 a piece and Im in.

How many do we need for our boat? Shoot the guy a message and say you want 2 boats worth at $3 a piece and Im in.

I asked Marinehardware.com their price and it was just under $8 / cup holder, so I would go with Bakes over this one.

I ended up buying two sets of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pcs-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Drink-Holder-Marine-Boat-RV-Camper-fast-shipping-/330867631481?hash=item4d093f6579&vxp=mtr (for archival reasons, I'll specify that it was Ebay Item name:(8pcs) Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder Marine Boat RV Camper / fast shipping and Ebay seller:gaowenv located in Hebron, Kentucky, USA at a price of $29.99 + 8.01 shipping) and so they worked out to being a total of $74.99 (after a small discount on shipping that they give on multiple orders) for 16 cup holders ($4.69 per cup holder)

Plan on putting putting them in anywhere possible, (I'm cutting additional holes) but if I have extras, I'll let you know.

At the moment, that means:

*2 in the bow area

*2 for the driver (cutting 1 hole here as there are currently 1 here)

*12 in the cabin wrap-around areas on starboard and port (Standard 8 + cutting 4 holes between standard cup holders for additional cups)

So if it works out as I just mentioned, I won't have extras, but who knows how it actually works out.

Edited by jonredcorn

So I got the cheapest ones from Ebay like I mentioned above...

Funny part about these - they were actually fufilled by Amazon through the same vendor that Ceesub posted... so they got here in 2 days (I have Amazon Prime) instead of 5. So that solves that - they are all the same vendor.

And wow they are nice! Definitely nice enough for my Malibu! I haven't put them in the boat yet - but here they are.

editedforupload_zpsvds9evqa.jpg