Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shout out to Cory at Evolution covers...

IXFE

:plus1: we kid each other that we talk like high school girls for like 2 hours every time we get on the phone :biggrin: He's high on my bucket list of people to meet in the boating community :thumbup:

That red contrasting stitch looks awesome!!! Are those recent pics or a day or 2 after you got it?

• Like 3

:plus1: we kid each other that we talk like high school girls for like 2 hours every time we get on the phone :biggrin: He's high on my bucket list of people to meet in the boating community :thumbup:

That red contrasting stitch looks awesome!!! Are those recent pics or a day or 2 after you got it?

All but the last pic were taken the day I got the cover... fresh out of the box. That's why you can see some creases in the Sunbrella. However, the last pic was taken after towing the boat out to our vacation spot, so the fabric is a lot smoother looking.

That's funny. I think one of us has mentioned you every time we talk. :lol: He's a great all around dude. I'd love to meet him someday as well.

That's funny. I think one of us has mentioned you every time we talk. :lol: He's a great all around dude. I'd love to meet him someday as well.

A few years back, a bunch of us in another forum decided we wanted to meet another rider/member who happened to be from Australia. So at one of the forum events (that was in Florida), we all chipped in & bought him a plane ticket to come out. He made it, and 10 yrs later, we still talk about it. He's turned out to be a lifelong friend of a lot of us, many of which have since traveled to Australia to visit him. Could be a chance to get Cory in front of a bunch of TMC members. :thumbup:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 3

uh, oh ... I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation or maybe not. :biggrin: No doubt I'm a pain in his a$$ with my big dam boat, bad parking angle, etc. but he always answers my next call or text :thumbup:

I recently made a bonehead move and had one of the male buckle parts from my cover drop into the Willamette. They don't float by the way. I looked locally for a matching part with no luck. I called up Cory and he sent me some new ones at no cost. He actually sent some twice as the first mailing has yet to get here. Thanks, Cory!

Oh, and your boat and cover look great.

Edited by obski

Not only have I done the same bone headed move, but Cory sent me a replacement set of buckles too. I've since done it a second time. But had the replacement already thanks to Cory having sent it the first time around!

I recently made a bonehead move and had one of the male buckle parts from my cover drop into the Willamette. They don't float by the way. I looked locally for a matching part with no luck. I called up Cory and he sent me some new ones at no cost. He actually sent some twice as the first mailing has yet to get here. Thanks, Cory!

Oh, and your boat and cover look great.

A few years back, a bunch of us in another forum decided we wanted to meet another rider/member who happened to be from Australia. So at one of the forum events (that was in Florida), we all chipped in & bought him a plane ticket to come out. He made it, and 10 yrs later, we still talk about it. He's turned out to be a lifelong friend of a lot of us, many of which have since traveled to Australia to visit him. Could be a chance to get Cory in front of a bunch of TMC members. :thumbup:

Love this idea, but it would require a TMC reunion of some sort. Who's planning it? Just say when and where and I'll be there!

Sorta wish the mods spent more time arranging this sort of thing as opposed to just playing "forum bouncer"

• Like 2

It takes all kinds of people to make a community special. But, because there's so much technical knowledge that I need access to, I stifle the majority of my fun personality while I'm here and try my best to not even toe any lines that might get me bounced.

Thankfully I have developed a lot of good friends on here that I talk to OUTside of the forum, and I can be me!!

Love this idea, but it would require a TMC reunion of some sort. Who's planning it? Just say when and where and I'll be there!

Sorta wish the mods spent more time arranging this sort of thing as opposed to just playing "forum bouncer"

We've had a number of WOW events over the years. I think I've been to 3 or 4 of them in CA & WA. And I know there are more on the east cost too.

The trick will be getting Cory to commit. He's a busy guy, especially in the summer.

• Like 1

uh, oh ... I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation or maybe not. :biggrin: No doubt I'm a pain in his a$$ with my big dam boat, bad parking angle, etc. but he always answers my next call or text :thumbup:

Nah, all good stuff man, all good stuff! :thumbup:

Seriously? That's a bold post right there.

I've organized the NE WOW the last 6 years and had a blast meeting crew members and making some great friends. The other admins have done many more WOW's than I have in the past. I think you'd be surprised what it takes to organize a successful one. Give it a go. It's easy to criticize others and complain but a bit tougher to step up and do it.

• Like 4

Seriously? That's a bold post right there.

I've organized the NE WOW the last 6 years and had a blast meeting crew members and making some great friends. The other admins have done many more WOW's than I have in the past. I think you'd be surprised what it takes to organize a successful one. Give it a go. It's easy to criticize others and complain but a bit tougher to step up and do it.

Don't get all excited on me...

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but I've been on this site since 2008 and I don't remember hearing about one such event in our area.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but I've been on this site since 2008 and I don't remember hearing about one such event in our area.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

We had a NW WOW in 2005 and 2006 at LBC, but I believe those have been the only official ones in Oregon. There was also a NW WOW in 2011 up at Banks I believe. Not sure about any others.

I organized a mini-wow this past weekend. There were four of us. LOL

We got rained on for two hours, so we just sat in a cove and drank.

Still had a blast.

Edited by ibelonginprison

Look it up. There have been several since 08 at Oroville & Shasta.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I organized a mini-wow this past weekend. There were four of us. LOL

We got rained on for two hours, so we just sat in a cove and drank.

Still had a blast.

One of best days on water - me and buddy in dry suits, only boat on the water, surfing, skiing, wake boarding and drinking all day in a constant drizzle of rain.

One of best days on water - me and buddy in dry suits, only boat on the water, surfing, skiing, wake boarding and drinking all day in a constant drizzle of rain.

no, I mean it was RAINING raining. haha

Have a video on Facebook of one of my friends, somewhere outside the realm of "sober" - singing "boys of summer" at the top of his lungs while it's pooouring.

• 1 month later...

FYI, I spoke to Cory last night and officially put in my order this morning. I never thought I'd get excited about a new cover but i am really excited to see what it looks like. The ones I've seen in person already are awesome!

• Like 2