Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23LSV w/ 555hp: Top Speed?

cashito

8 GPH is attainable with the LSA. Nyryan and I have seen and experienced it this year. I look forward to seeing what prop you get mad the results.

I'm seeing similar results with my LSA. Really good fuel consumption...surprisingly.

Used a gps app today hit 51mph Lil wind and chop few ppl in boat 3/4 tank gas. Bimini up. spedo said 50.2., but I did ding prop on lift yesterday didn't realize the bolt on the bow stop came loose @$#$$$ so it has a tiny bent area in middle of one blade. GPS at surf speeds is within 0.5mph of spedometers or dead on. At 25-40 mph spedometer is about 3mph slower than what gps says. Example cruising at 26.2mph on spedo and gps says 29mph... At 45mph and up spedometers and gps are within 1 mph or less so the few times I've seen 53-54 extremely light loads down bimini no winds little gas has to be pretty close. Rpms were up near 5340 at 50 mph didn't have a long enough clean water stretch so it was just a few seconds to glance at spedo and switch to rpms and look at gps... too choppy out...seems I have to hold nearly a half wheel turn left to maintain straight course. IS that normal? Or do I need to adjust rudder trim tab?

Well I've been. Calculating wrong turns out the 2013 23lsv with the LSA have a 1.25:1 gearbox

So at 5340 rpms and 14x14.25 I'm at 57.45mph thrust to go 50mph or 12-13% loss of fwd propulsion which is probably equal to prop shaft angle at a rough guess.

If I go 15 x17 and rpms can stay same I'd have 68.7mph thrust and 12-13% loss would hit 59-60mph actual again if it holds the same but again 0.5in bigger diameter will come into equation and if rpms can hold equal.. but I'm sure wind and drag will limit me to around 56-58actual

Edited by The Hulk

your speed (velocity) calcs do not take into account your frictional forces...which are not a linear function...but an exponential function. ie your 12-13% loss of fwd propulsion (not sure where you derived that number...but ok...sounds like a WAG)......is only at one static point...increasing or decreasing velocity and that number changes exponentially. Achieving 59 mph is not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely...impossible with the present set up. strap one of those gas turbines to the stern and you may see 60 mph!

That % is juat diff between prop thrust mph and actual fwd mph.. assuming no slip of course which may or may not be true.. as mentioned I feel drag will get exponential wind and water etc.. I think it'll get me to a solid 57 at most well see. But adding 75hp more nxt season and increasing tune to 6000rpm she'll do we'll over 60...

Back to reality is a half turn on wheel normal at wot to stay straight? It's that way surfing as well or more with SG. But at wot?

Edited by The Hulk

Hulk,

Temp range is 160-180, it has been fairly stable there even with our very warm water.

I ordered a prop from a dealer in CA. I was able to get the OJ 15x17 for $550+ship. Not bad! I contacted OJ directly and they had a 15x18 for $865 OUCH!!! I hope it arrives by Thursday. I really want to try it Friday Morning.

Ok hadn't been to lake in a month and temps were up around 170-180 but lake temp is now 80F about 10F hotter than last month and it was 90F outside but just hadn't seen it breach 180f yet so was a Lil worried. But seems to stay in the same 160-180 range

Prop holly cow what dealer? That's a lot cheaper! Its an OJ prop or other brand?

How about steering do u have same issue?

OJ prop dealer, prop is actually being drop shipped directly from OJ. Kevin's prop shop antioch California! Kevin is awesome!

I would say you're fine temp wise. That is with our air temp 110ish...

Steering wise a bit of counter steer is needed with surfgate, I NEVER run WOT, i am not in that big of a hurry when i am on the lake. I will say 24MXZ handles like a slot car, best handling boat i have ever had.

Edited by DarkSide