Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beeping or Alarm when throttling up

I just picked up my new 15 22vlx and just breaking it in for the 10 hour service and over the weekend i noticed that when i go to advanced the throttle to start cruising i notice a alarm coming from the engine area. Not comparable but I now on my pontoon when its low on 2 stroke oil it will alarm me every time i give it gas. Is the boat telling me im giving it to much throttle during break in (not hammering down yet)? It happens when towing and not towing. Did anybody else hear the alarm when they first got there boat?

That's what i thought at first but every thing was set back the stow or center. I dropped it off to dealer for its service and told them to investigate also.

lets say you were surfing with SURF LEFT set...you stop, you change the Setting to SURF RIGHT....when it starts back up I am pretty sure it is going to beep to let you know a change is coming...

you will also need to move the steering wheel one complete revolution to the direction of the surf side to maintain a straight line with the boat.

So, You HEAR the 3 beeps, and then the surf gates deploy which take aprox another 3 seconds....to fully deploy.

After you hear the 3 beeps, slowly rotate the wheel (taking 3 seconds to do so) towards the Surf Right or Surf Left setting one FULL rotation and you will be driving like a pro....

at least that is what we are discovering learning our new (to our group) 2016 23 LSV.

Edited by JB-FOOT

Just a though?

Are you sure it's coming from the engine area, if you have a pre-set speed engaged "on", Maliview will beep to let you know

you've reached your speed! Also at this point you can't excelerate any faster when you throttle up some more , only slow down.

Easy to check with this sequence.

• Like 1

everything set to off/normal, no sf, no wedge, no cruise. Just pulling away from gas dock no wake zone and i roll into the throttle i hear it alarming (not so much beeping like the SF changing). but ill have to have the wife roll into the throttle this weekend and ill poke my head under the seats. Had my son lean over deck to listen for the horn but said it was not the horn coming for somewhere else. But ran fine and is at dealer for 10 hr service.

everything set to off/normal, no sf, no wedge, no cruise. Just pulling away from gas dock no wake zone and i roll into the throttle i hear it alarming (not so much beeping like the SF changing). but ill have to have the wife roll into the throttle this weekend and ill poke my head under the seats. Had my son lean over deck to listen for the horn but said it was not the horn coming for somewhere else. But ran fine and is at dealer for 10 hr service.

all of these newfangled whozamawhatzitdoodlemagadget features are a real PITA.... :whistle:

• Like 3

Dealer says there are few engine alarms: Over rev, no water, low oil pressure these are the few the tech knew off the top of his head but guess i will be keeping an eye on things this weekend

Ok wow so my findings are that it's not a beep at all its the intake or something to do with that right as I hit 2800 rpm it whistles!!!!! F**ing annoying at that. Anybody else hear it

Edited by Mattb422

Ok wow so my findings are that it's not a beep at all its the intake or something to do with that right as I hit 2800 rpm it whistles!!!!! F**ing annoying at that. Anybody else hear it

The G23 we test drove did it really loud, and yes, that makes sense

JB

I found the air cleaner/intake/flame arrestor making a high pitched sound as its sucking all that air,had the wife set it to the rpms it starts to make the noise and I put may hand over air cleaner and it stopped so dealer is thinking maybe adding dust cover to change the air just that little bit to stop it from making the the noise. So as far as the official cause I can only tell you what I've found out

Edited by Mattb422

JB

I found the air cleaner/intake/flame arrestor making a high pitched sound as its sucking all that air,had the wife set it to the rpms it starts to make the noise and I put may hand over air cleaner and it stopped so dealer is thinking maybe adding dust cover to change the air just that little bit to stop it from making the the noise. So as far as the official cause I can only tell you what I've found out

the G23's we tested did the same thing and when I sold Cobalt's in the past all of the 496 and 502's did the same damn annoying thing! that is a terrible sound is it not?!?

thank goodness my buddies new 2016 has the Ford Motor and it does not do that