Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suction cup surf gate?

Pkdude

well this place is just minutes from my home...'

I am going to check them out on Monday

Please do their web site has absolutely NO useful information.

Very intersting idea. Their website in the Q/A section says they have many hours of testing, they need to show some images of the product installed. Not clear to me which model would possibly fit my boat??? Definately need to work on their website,but the price is resonable if it works as indicated.

Very intersting idea. Their website in the Q/A section says they have many hours of testing, they need to show some images of the product installed. Not clear to me which model would possibly fit my boat??? Definately need to work on their website,but the price is resonable if it works as indicated.

I see the pricing is pretty reasonable

I got an email back and a call back...

So far, looks like I may get one for the weekend....

I will keep everyone posted should we be able to try one out on the boat this labor day weekend

Edited by JB-FOOT

I did get an email back but when I asked more questions I never got a reply to them. If you put items in the cart on their website you get a price. $345 plus $28 shipping for the fixed or adjustable but I can't get them to confirm which one I need for my VRide. I have found a lot of folks who made their own and may do just that. Wicked Wake sells them for $275 per side or $499 for two, one for each side, but they have a long wait.

Edited by Pkdude

JB - you mean one for the Echelon or for the Tige? I need an improvement for the Echelon.

Yes....hahaha

initially for the Tige`

already had he best surf wave of any of our boats but now that my friend just bought the 2016 23LSV....I want MORE better.... without spending another $250,000 to get that wave... :rofl:

But afterwards we will try it on a 2005 Tige` 22i and the 94 Echelon closed bow and whomever else wants to try it out at our dock.

I have used the World of Wake device and works very well. You do need to list the boat and it goes right on and can be switched from side to side when the boat is in the water.

Thanks for the first hand knowledge!

Tell more. Does it stay on well? Does it sink? How long does it take to put on and take off? What does it do to the wake? Use it on the MXZ?

I have been doing some research and there are a lot of DIY solutions out there. I ordered a sheet of Starboard today and plan to make one that sticks out at a 22.5 degree angle. Going to to try make it switchable from left to right. Starboard sheet of 3/4" x 24" x 54" is around $90 so I think I can do it for about $110 in materials and maybe 2-3 hours of labor of love. I figure if I built a street legal race car this should not be that challenging. I will post any results when I get them.

• Like 2

I have the pieces cut and ready to start the build. Took about 90 minutes to do all the cuts. I chose 3/4" polymer board, which may be a little oversized but the functional test will tell. I also made the flow diverter a little big as I was afraid of making it too small. It should have about a 22.5 degree angle outward if my calcs are in the right ballpark. I will post some pics if I can get it finished and take the boat out next weekend.

Edited by Pkdude

PS-it turned out to be a lot heavier than I thought it would be, but probably due to the 3/4" thick Starboard. Definitely won't float!

Also may be bigger than what I need but I can always cut it down.

Edited by Pkdude
  • 3 weeks later...

Ronix has a carbon fiber one that attaches with Velcro coming out..

Make sure you ask them if they have tested the velcro with the boat sitting in the water for long periods. I made a wedge and the "industrial strength" velcro ended up falling off after a month or so. It did work when on though, but I don't think it will be as effective as a swim platform gate as it is so much further forward.