Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Test report on Malibu 25LSV

malibudog

Test drove a 2016 Wakesetter 25 LSV yesterday.

1) The Surf Wake is great. Unlike my 247, we had to put some weight in the nose of the 25

He said it needed bow weight

No pics

Edited by Stevo

I saw one on the water this past weekend and was surprised that it didn't look as big as i thought it would. Maybe due to the added height or the colors of the boat (black hull, white and blue) but at first i thought it was a new VLX until i got up close. The 247 are typically easier to pick out that this one was, maybe they moved the windshield back to make it more proportional to the 23-22 footers?

Great review, was the tower G4 or G3.2?

75% sure the tower was the G4, with only lower clamping racks. I haven't been in enough Malibu's with newer generation towers to be certain.

No bow weight needed, eh ?

My 247 with a home made gate seems indifferent to bow weight. Have tried up to 1000 lbs in bow, and wake does not get any better. I think because the nose is so long, and my homemade gate is so large. The 25 LSV wake was noticeably better when we added a bow sack.

If you want to learn how to use the term eh, go no farther than Doug and Bob McKenzie:

Are you talking engine noise of exhaust noise? I really need to get a ride in one of these bigger boats in rough water...

I really wish I knew which it was. How would I tell the difference? Boat was quiet at idle and at slow speeds going out of the cove. When you throttled up for surfing, it immediately became loud. When my wife got on the boat and drove it for the first time, she slowed down half way through pulling up a surfer because she initially thought from the loud engine noise that something might be wrong with the boat. We got used to it as the day went on, but it was loud enough that I would want to have it addressed. Don't know if the issue was just us and the noise level we are used to on our current boat, just the specific set up of the boat we tested, just this prop (think it was a high thrust prop, but not sure which one), or what Malibu might offer in terms of options to quiet it (turn down tips, etc). It was one a very few things about the boat that wasn't ideal, as compared to so many things about the boat that we really loved.

• Like 3

What was your 247 powered with, curious how the 450 raptor compares power wise, have heard the same loudness comment of the raptor motor vs the gm's.

383 Hammerhead ETX/CAT - 400 hp.