Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rate my wave !

scoobyjabo

Hey guy's,

New to the forum, new to surf boats and surfing. I've spent a lot of time reading from what others have tried and what others have recommended, I'm looking for some feedback good & bad. Pics aren't the best but are the only ones I have at the moment.

Here is my current set up.

2008 Wakesetter LSV 23

ACME 2247 Prop

Stock ballast full except non surf side ( 1150 lbs)

Approx 950lbs rear locker surf side ( 1100 lbs bag)

250 lbs bag under seat

Additional 250 lbs in bow or slightly back.

2 people in the boat on average

Wedge all the way down

Speed about 9 - 9.5 mph

ec8896ec-14b0-4a0c-8d8e-8ada3dd3a9a9_zps

638c5a31-1950-4840-a26b-503962fdf600_zps

20150810_152510_zps08u7whl1.jpg

Edited by scoobyjabo

I am running about the same ballast. Use 2 clicks on the wedge and 10.5-10.8 mph. Running 1235 prop with a Hammerhead. Tough to tell with the aspect on the couple of photos but mine looks a bit steeper probably from the wedge. Tough to tell for sure but you are in the zone and now it is dialing it in vs. any significant fixes

Had flash back to when I used to ride at Ghost Lake...... That river bank profile is committed to memory.

I had a custom Enzo style bag ordered through Wizard Lake... crappy photo but you get the idea.

bag_zpsisflyjsc.jpg

Edited by G-Mack

I am running about the same ballast. Use 2 clicks on the wedge and 10.5-10.8 mph. Running 1235 prop with a Hammerhead. Tough to tell with the aspect on the couple of photos but mine looks a bit steeper probably from the wedge. Tough to tell for sure but you are in the zone and now it is dialing it in vs. any significant fixes

Had flash back to when I used to ride at Ghost Lake...... That river bank profile is committed to memory.

Hi G-Mack,

Forgot all about the wedge, duh.. I usually run it all the way down. The wave feels good and has a lot of push however i'm still trying to dial it in, I feel it's still a little short. This year worked out great at Ghost after they filled it, the water temp this yr was unusually warmer then in the past.

In this photo... no additional ballast over stock in the bow. Now run a couple of hundred pounds or people depending on how many people join us. Bow weight will help lengthen but I would add 1 mph and see how it looks.

In this photo... no additional ballast over stock in the bow. Now run a couple of hundred pounds or people depending on how many people join us. Bow weight will help lengthen but I would add 1 mph and see how it looks.

Thanks ,

I'll give that a shot.