Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why 2016 Wakesetter LSV over MC X30

teamG

The nautique tower feels sturdy but I dislike the fact that the bimini is basically always deployed. I frequently raise and lower my tower and to drop the nautique tower it is essentially a two man job to fold the bimini up and drop the tower. Apparently, the 2016s have a shock assist on the bimini to help raise it while the tower lowers. This improves the functionality.

The G3 is fine. Not the best. Not the worst. It does shake, rattle and roll a lot but I have never heard of a G3 failure.

The ZFT4 is a great tower. While the looks are highly polarizing, the mechanism and the location are perfect. It folds back and locks in the stowed position for towing. It is also positioned much more aft than other towers. Therefore, the tower speakers do not project into the boat at all while underway. For my purposes, I love a ZFT4.

The nautique tower feels sturdy but I dislike the fact that the bimini is basically always deployed. I frequently raise and lower my tower and to drop the nautique tower it is essentially a two man job to fold the bimini up and drop the tower. Apparently, the 2016s have a shock assist on the bimini to help raise it while the tower lowers. This improves the functionality.

The G3 is fine. Not the best. Not the worst. It does shake, rattle and roll a lot but I have never heard of a G3 failure.

The ZFT4 is a great tower. While the looks are highly polarizing, the mechanism and the location are perfect. It folds back and locks in the stowed position for towing. It is also positioned much more aft than other towers. Therefore, the tower speakers do not project into the boat at all while underway. For my purposes, I love a ZFT4.

does the MC tower when folded allow the back seats to be used such as pulling under a lift? or do the speakers and things fall in that area or over the back hatches?

does the MC tower when folded allow the back seats to be used such as pulling under a lift? or do the speakers and things fall in that area or over the back hatches?

The most rear seats cannot be used very effectively. However, the side seats in the main cabin area can. It also allows the driver to drive into the lift unobstructed. A guy I know has a ZFT4 and generally shifts people into the bow to drive in when he has a large crew

also another BIG reason the Nautique is much stronger than the Bu, the fiberglass is much thicker and more reinforced and dispersed in the tower mounting area, as well a wider tower base and more surface area spreads those forces more. Also the top deck is shoebox mount vs butt mount. Do i think it matters much NO....just stating the obvious.

thats also why if you take a nautique through a double up the boat itself will feel much more solid than a Bu simply for the fact the fiberglass is much thicker in numerous areas. The entire boat will rattle/shake less than a Bu will through a hard double up. This is NOT up for arguing, is a Bu too thin? again NO it works i'm just saying a Nautique is thicker fiberglass, just run your hands under seat supports, dash areas, and others, or better yet push on the side of a boat, you can easily bend the fiberglass of your BU if you try but much more difficult to do on a nautique. Again i'm not bashing Bu i like them better i'm just stating the obvious that Nautique's fiberglass is generally all around thicker , i'd like to check out the MC at the shows this year to see how they are.

You have now gone past the point of being annoying on this issue, you are now putting out false information. Malibu uses a shoebox fit. I've been to the factory and have seen it done. I really don't understand what your point is in these last 4 pages. Let it go. OP isn't even asking about a nautique.

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 3

You have now gone past the point of being annoying on this issue, you are now putting out false information. Malibu uses a shoebox fit. I've been to the factory and have seen it done. I really don't understand what your point is in these last 4 pages.

Not to mention the reinforcement at tower mounting deck locations that Malibu uses and the roving and resins are the same.

Cod lip that makes sense. Luckily I have my lift up high enough to never need to lower the tower. So folding doest affect me.

There is a nearby lake with low bridge that requires folding down to clear funny how MC is the dealer there.

You gotta love how The Hulk was just proven dead wrong on all three of his Bu "facts" (fiberglass, shoebox, and tower mounts), yet he just ignores it all...

This thread is pure entertainment. Now imagine if Afun and Doc were here.

• Like 2

I don't understand why you guys are debating the toobing prowess of these boats. EVERYONE knows the Yamaha 242X E-Series jet boat is the best toobing boat OF ALL TIME!.

The tower even has built-in solar panels, for crying out loud. No more worrying about your batteries while chilling at the cove, bumping tunes from the 1000 watt stereo system, and pounding Smirnoff Ice after a sick morning session of toobing.

Easy to drive, no more "walking the prop" to turn around at the local marina. This baby drives like she's on rails.

All for tens of thousands of dollars less than a high-end wake boat.

You guys are ruthless.

I mean, it's hilarious. So don't stop or anything. But still, yall shameless. lmao

and... who's DocPhil? Why do you guys keep mentioning him? Did he own both of these boats or something?
#dontbanmeitsjustajoke

:p

You gotta love how The Hulk was just proven dead wrong on all three of his Bu "facts" (fiberglass, shoebox, and tower mounts), yet he just ignores it all...

This thread is pure entertainment. Now imagine if Afun and Doc were here.

Interesting threshold for "proven dead wrong" - some stranger on the Internet disagreed with him.

• Like 2

What happened go afun?

He's on vacation.

Been eerily quiet around here...

And that's not code for anything, he's literally on vacation.

Edited by ibelonginprison

I'm just saying go push on the side of a San 2013 and a 2013 bu . Bu fiberglass is much easier to bend. Also several other areas are thicker or more rigid if u feel around and try to flex etc..

Edited by The Hulk

I'm just saying go push on the side of a San 2013 and a 2013 bu . Bu fiberglass is much easier to bend. Also several other areas are thicker or more rigid if u feel around and try to flex etc..

Is that your way of admitting you're wrong on the three "facts" you shared earlier?

Or are you simply going with "no comment?"

Since this is about the X30 vs LSV, we know that the X30 is 200 pounds heavier and a few inches shorter than the LSV. We also know that the Malibu is a chopper gun build vs hand laid. So safe to assume that the X30 has a bit more glass? Perhaps that is why they ride a bit better in the chop. Both hulls will go the distance, but the MC usually gets high marks for ride in the chop and low marks for handling vs the LSV.

Things to consider. Personally, I would rather have the better handling.