Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why 2016 Wakesetter LSV over MC X30

teamG

I totally understand this, and *we* do get everybody in, but many kids, especially spazzy unskilled friends, don't get much success skiing or wakeboarding (it's hard, takes a lot of tries to get up, they get tired). They can tube for hours. If that's what it takes to get my kids' friends to hang out with us for the day, so be it. family time is WAY more important than the perception of the wake-snob community.

So far we are 100% getting kids friends up skiing or boarding. The tube was retired when they were 5. Standard reply for the nieces and nephews is grandpa has a tube and a pontoon, uncle chuck has a ski boat and skis and boards;)

So far we are 100% getting kids friends up skiing or boarding. The tube was retired when they were 5. Standard reply for the nieces and nephews is grandpa has a tube and a pontoon, uncle chuck has a ski boat and skis and boards;)

I'm *nearly* 100% too. One spazzy kid in four years who just can't do it. But that wasn't really my point.

Never said it didn't flex. In fact, I'll go one step farther... ALL WAKEBOARD TOWERS FLEX. I would argue that they are designed to. And the more you load them up, the more they flex. It's simply physics.

This whole conversation is stupid. I'd blame the Hulk, but I don't want to make him mad.

profile1.png

Why is the conversation stupid? Using that logic, then most of our conversations are stupid.

• Like 2

Teach the poor kids to ski or wakeboard;)

i will when they can swim, my son is 2.5yrs old now and a 4 month infant, most of the kids are "visitors" or friends kids who didnt grow up on the lake and they try to surf or wakeboard but give up shortly if they haven't been around water sports so we'll break out the tubes so they can have fun for the day.

"you cant master tubing or retire a tube until you can do a barrel roll" haha.

i will when they can swim, my son is 2.5yrs old now and a 4 month infant, most of the kids are "visitors" or friends kids who didnt grow up on the lake and they try to surf or wakeboard but give up shortly if they haven't been around water sports so we'll break out the tubes so they can have fun for the day.

Give up? Trying to wakeboard?

unless every malibu i've been on (all with G3 towers) all have something wrong with their towers... it sounds like a bigger deal than what it really is... it just flexes a shakes a little bit when the boat pounding down some chop. not a big deal it just does.... i'm guessing a lot of people on here never drive 25mph+ to experience If you do and its choppy or you hit a double up then watch your tower it will shake/wobble a bit. Pull a tuber and hit your own waves and you'll see her shake for sure!

I've had 2 G3 towers neither of them have ever shaken in rough water. My boards have, the towers themselves were solid

unless every malibu i've been on (all with G3 towers) all have something wrong with their towers... it sounds like a bigger deal than what it really is... it just flexes a shakes a little bit when the boat pounding down some chop. not a big deal it just does.... i'm guessing a lot of people on here never drive 25mph+ to experience If you do and its choppy or you hit a double up then watch your tower it will shake/wobble a bit. Pull a tuber and hit your own waves and you'll see her shake for sure!

Pulling a tube from any tower is not a good idea. The reason your G3 towers are loose is you're making them loose by misusing them

Pulling a tube from any tower is not a good idea. The reason your G3 towers are loose is you're making them loose by misusing them

It's kinda hard to do a barrel roll on a tube unless you're hooked up to the tower. Duh... that's like toobing 101. :rofl:

I've had 2 G3 towers neither of them have ever shaken in rough water. My boards have, the towers themselves were solid

please post some vid, filmed from you sitting in the bow facing the windshield. Load the tower up with speakers and boards. Then cross a wake at moderate speed, or do a double up or hit some chop. If that tower isn't flexing I'll be a monkey's uncle.

please post some vid, filmed from you sitting in the bow facing the windshield. Load the tower up with speakers and boards. Then cross a wake at moderate speed, or do a double up or hit some chop. If that tower isn't flexing I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Are we talking the flex every single tower no matter what does, which is a small amount you'd have to film to catch, or are we talking the flex of old that towers had all the time? G3 towers flex no more than nautique towers under the same load. both are rock solid towers. My old illusion used to flex a ton more than my g3 does.

The big problem with pulling tubes from the tower is that you start to do damage to the hull because it's not meant to take on the force that tubes put against it. You ;ull enough tubes your tower is going to get loose, and you'll be lucky if you don't end up with fiberglass and hull damage

Hey Tims... This ^^^ is why this conversation is stupid. Two guys arguing about subtle degrees of tower flex. One says "yes" the other says "no" as if it's binary. All the while in reality (you know, off the interweb) BOTH these guys have G3's and BOTH their towers flex the same. And the G4 flexes too. And so does your precious Roswell tower.

But we'll spend a week on this topic going round and round. As if it matters two s***s about the LSV vs. X30.

Ahh... another glorious day on TMC!!

• Like 2

Here's the thing, I've yet to be on a boat made in the last 5 years that the tower flex or sway was enough to really make a difference. They all are super stable now compared to 6-10 years ago

The big problem with pulling tubes from the tower is that you start to do damage to the hull because it's not meant to take on the force that tubes put against it. You ;ull enough tubes your tower is going to get loose, and you'll be lucky if you don't end up with fiberglass and hull damage

yes i know, I AM NOT PULLING TUBERS via the tower just for the record to everyone on here....

if you want to pull tubers from the tower i suggest you better opt for the Pavati !!! so sweet!

The more you argue, the more guilty you sound. suuuuuure, you're not pulling tubes (wink wink). It was your "buddy" on "his" boat... :biggrin:

:lol:

just for the record - I'd pull the hood from a buick behind my boat if it got more kids on the water.

Edited by bamabonners

also another BIG reason the Nautique is much stronger than the Bu, the fiberglass is much thicker and more reinforced and dispersed in the tower mounting area, as well a wider tower base and more surface area spreads those forces more. Also the top deck is shoebox mount vs butt mount. Do i think it matters much NO....just stating the obvious.

thats also why if you take a nautique through a double up the boat itself will feel much more solid than a Bu simply for the fact the fiberglass is much thicker in numerous areas. The entire boat will rattle/shake less than a Bu will through a hard double up. This is NOT up for arguing, is a Bu too thin? again NO it works i'm just saying a Nautique is thicker fiberglass, just run your hands under seat supports, dash areas, and others, or better yet push on the side of a boat, you can easily bend the fiberglass of your BU if you try but much more difficult to do on a nautique. Again i'm not bashing Bu i like them better i'm just stating the obvious that Nautique's fiberglass is generally all around thicker , i'd like to check out the MC at the shows this year to see how they are.

just for the record - I'd pull the hood from a buick behind my boat if it got more kids on the water.

That actually sounds like fun. I might hit up a junk yard. lol

Then again, I also have a small sticker on my transom that says "I just wanna to hoodrat stuff with my friends" (Except... another word besides "stuff" haha) - so there are all kindsa mischief things that I think would be fun to do and then put on YouTube.

also another BIG reason the Nautique is much stronger than the Bu, the fiberglass is much thicker and more reinforced and dispersed in the tower mounting area, as well a wider tower base and more surface area spreads those forces more. Also the top deck is shoebox mount vs butt mount. Do i think it matters much NO....just stating the obvious.

thats also why if you take a nautique through a double up the boat itself will feel much more solid than a Bu simply for the fact the fiberglass is much thicker in numerous areas. The entire boat will rattle/shake less than a Bu will through a hard double up. This is NOT up for arguing, is a Bu too thin? again NO it works i'm just saying a Nautique is thicker fiberglass, just run your hands under seat supports, dash areas, and others, or better yet push on the side of a boat, you can easily bend the fiberglass of your BU if you try but much more difficult to do on a nautique. Again i'm not bashing Bu i like them better i'm just stating the obvious that Nautique's fiberglass is generally all around thicker , i'd like to check out the MC at the shows this year to see how they are.

Here we go... more supposition stated as facts.

Does a SAN 230 weigh significantly more than a 23 LSV...?

If not, then you are just buying into the sales pitch.