Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why 2016 Wakesetter LSV over MC X30

teamG

Hey Hulk... seems you're the new subject matter expert on Bu towers. Just one correction for ya. It's not the G3's fault you can't lower your tower below the windshield. It's the bimini you're running. The tower itself does not hit the windshield.

If you'd upgraded to the Great Lakes bimini it wouldn't be an issue.

Btw... I have a G4 tower, and I love it. But I owned three G3 towers on different boats. I never had any of the i sssues you describe. It's a solid tower and I'd happily own one again.

Now, back to which is better: Coke or Pepsi, cuz that's what these two boats are.

haha i'm no expert my friend simply just stating the fact that a Nautique tower is far stronger and more sturdy than the G3 tower . if spending that kind of money why not spend a few grand more and get the G3

malibu claims G4 is more than 3X stronger than G3.....Ummm there must be some reason they made it stronger =) most likely to keep up with the comp for strength and functionality.

G3 is fine and i like it, i love Bu thats why i bought one! hey a 300 Million dollar airplane's wings flex as well and they are strong enough! haha. anyhow its simply a simple fact of strength not whats better.

for me the priority list would be 1. Biggest Engine possible 2. G4 tower 3...everything else

It's actually really easy to see the movement in the tower. Load it up with tower speakers and boards, then sit in the bow looking backwards while someone drives over some wakes/chop/double up. Tower will move a lot. not sure how that could really be up for debate. It's not noisy, but the lateral movement is visually really obvious.

I am with Shawn on this. Don't see how it is really open to debate on how the G3 moves around vs the competition. Does it really matter?? Probably not.

I heard there were issues with the first gen ones but who knows now... probably nobody but the MC mgt. has em. I can't imagine why in the world it's 17k it's the same price as a fully loaded hydraulic boat lift! Must be bedazzled in Swarovski

3 or 4 different revisions of tower actuators attempting to fix the issue and them millions spent on retrofitting all existing towers out in the field to hydraulic.

If Malibu has really closed the gap on the fit and finish, (I have yet to see a 16) then its a no brainer to me. I have always had interior envy, and next year it looks like I get to solve much of that.

While both boats are pricy, there should be enough of a difference to allow you to completely trick out the 23LSV or even consider the 25.

Sounds like both dealers are good. Cant tell you how important that is.

Soon, I will be asking you guys to pick my colors for the 25lsv.

haha i'm no expert my friend simply just stating the fact that a Nautique tower is far stronger and more sturdy than the G3 tower . if spending that kind of money why not spend a few grand more and get the G3

malibu claims G4 is more than 3X stronger than G3.....Ummm there must be some reason they made it stronger =) most likely to keep up with the comp for strength and functionality.

G3 is fine and i like it, i love Bu thats why i bought one! hey a 300 Million dollar airplane's wings flex as well and they are strong enough! haha. anyhow its simply a simple fact of strength not whats better.

for me the priority list would be 1. Biggest Engine possible 2. G4 tower 3...everything else

Where does malibu claims the G4 is 3x's stronger than a G3.2? Is this actually published somewhere? If that is the truth it would be amazing and even give the G4 more credibility.

Have you ever been out in another Malibu with a G3 tower? Your experience is not the norm, I want to go out on a limb and say there is something wrong with your G3 tower.

No dude... the 23 LSV all by itself sells more than the X30 or any other wakeboat. Therefor, it's Coke.

Axis numbers excluded, Malibu and MC are selling almost exactly the same amount of boats. The X30 and LSV are the most popular boats for both brands. The numbers are probably closer than you would think.

Who knows. Maybe not.

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Where does malibu claims the G4 is 3x's stronger than a G3.2? Is this actually published somewhere? If that is the truth it would be amazing and even give the G4 more credibility.

Have you ever been out in another Malibu with a G3 tower? Your experience is not the norm, I want to go out on a limb and say there is something wrong with your G3 tower.

unless every malibu i've been on (all with G3 towers) all have something wrong with their towers... it sounds like a bigger deal than what it really is... it just flexes a shakes a little bit when the boat pounding down some chop. not a big deal it just does.... i'm guessing a lot of people on here never drive 25mph+ to experience If you do and its choppy or you hit a double up then watch your tower it will shake/wobble a bit. Pull a tuber and hit your own waves and you'll see her shake for sure!

I agree. If you are having sounds and problems with a G3 tower then get it looked at. I have not had one noise or problem with mine. I hope my new G4 is the same way.

Axis numbers excluded, Malibu and MC are selling almost exactly the same amount of boats. The X30 and LSV are the most popular boats for both brands. The numbers are probably closer than you would think.

Who knows. Maybe not.

I never said they weren't close. Just like Coke vs. Pepsi. The two are close in more ways than one. And yet different, each with their following.

unless every malibu i've been on (all with G3 towers) all have something wrong with their towers... it sounds like a bigger deal than what it really is... it just flexes a shakes a little bit when the boat pounding down some chop. not a big deal it just does.... i'm guessing a lot of people on here never drive 25mph+ to experience If you do and its choppy or you hit a double up then watch your tower it will shake/wobble a bit. Pull a tuber and hit your own waves and you'll see her shake for sure!

LOL... again with the tubing. You crack me up.

Where do you boat anyway? The ocean??

• Like 2

whaaat whaaat...a BU cant be seen with tubers out in Oregon? Those poor children ;)

over here ya gotta have some chop for tubing =)

i'm just saying people are in denial if they are saying their G3 doesnt sway a tad during heavy chop, i dont know if shake is a good word or vibrate or slight movement etc. (in comparison to a Nautique tower at least) i dont think anything of it as i've been on enough BU's that all do the same so i consider it normal movement. if you have more weight/sepakers/boards, bimini out it will obviously do it a tad more than if your tower is lightly loaded. Front to back it doesnt move its side to side or left to right.

most lakes in Northern Indiana you can forget about surfing after 9:30am ... too many boats and too choppy, time to break out the tubes and whip the kids around. If your lucky sometimes you can catch some clean water at dusk which is why we love surfing at dusk, everyone else has to stop going fast but we can still surf (below 10mph) . otherwise the good surfing water is before 9 on the weekends or during weekdays and weeknights.

Personally I always tow tubers from ski pylon, never been a fan on using a tower for tubers. I have also never been on water with a G4, it would be interesting to hit heavy chop with a G4 to compare to a G3.2. Regardless the G3 line has never caused us any issues with on the water performance, the knobs were my biggest complaint. The latches are a nice upgrade and up to this point have been problem free for me once they were adjusted by my dealer.

anyone who tows tubers from the tower is a moron. Anyone who tows tubers from the tower in heavy chop is a super-moron.

And anyone who thinks the G3 don't flex needs to check what's in their kool-aid cup.

• Like 3

i never said i pull tubers from a tower i said when we pull tubers (FROM the REAR) and you hit chop the tower will shake much more so than a nautique... or when just driving in chop at 25mph+ , again i can not compare to a MC.

i DID say nearly everyone with a Nautique DOES pull tubes from their tower on our lake (again stupid) but whatever they can get away with it where a BU G3 tower there is no way in hell it would hold up to similar lateral loads as a Nautique . its a simple fact of strength and design thats all... one piece vs multi-piece in essence . I'm not sure if people are in denial about this or just jealous of the stronger tower?

frankly i do NOT like the Nautique towers or the bimini...thats just me though i like the G3 tower shape/look better myself but strength wise i like the Nautique obviously. But so long as your not using it to pull tubers your all good:

yes you can do a pull up at 200+ lbs from a G3 tower, but i highly doubt any of you would jump and jerk your entire weight on it, where if you do that on a nautique its centered over the support = no issues. the G3 is tilted fwd and only has a 6-8" fulcrum point between the hinge and the knob. get a 200lbs wake boarder and have him crank out to the side and watch your G3 tower flex baby!, do it on a Nautique it wont budge, it will tilt the boat before it flexes where the G3 tower will surely flex before tilting the boat.

aww man oldjeep no tubers..come on now.... those poor children... I'd surf all day as well if the lake didnt get so choppy all weekend but the kids wanna have fun..

i never said i pull tubers from a tower i said when we pull tubers (FROM the REAR) and you hit chop the tower will shake much more so than a nautique... or when just driving in chop at 25mph+ , again i can not compare to a MC.

i DID say nearly everyone with a Nautique DOES pull tubes from their tower on our lake (again stupid) but whatever they can get away with it where a BU G3 tower there is no way in hell it would hold up to similar lateral loads as a Nautique . its a simple fact of strength and design thats all... one piece vs multi-piece in essence . I'm not sure if people are in denial about this or just jealous of the stronger tower?

frankly i do NOT like the Nautique towers or the bimini...thats just me though i like the G3 tower shape/look better myself but strength wise i like the Nautique obviously. But so long as your not using it to pull tubers your all good:

yes you can do a pull up at 200+ lbs from a G3 tower, but i highly doubt any of you would jump and jerk your entire weight on it, where if you do that on a nautique its centered over the support = no issues. the G3 is tilted fwd and only has a 6-8" fulcrum point between the hinge and the knob. get a 200lbs wake boarder and have him crank out to the side and watch your G3 tower flex baby!, do it on a Nautique it wont budge, it will tilt the boat before it flexes where the G3 tower will surely flex before tilting the boat.

aww man oldjeep no tubers..come on now.... those poor children... I'd surf all day as well if the lake didnt get so choppy all weekend but the kids wanna have fun..

Totally agree. The Roswell Pro Edge tower is much more rigid than the G3.