Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why 2016 Wakesetter LSV over MC X30

teamG

Hey Tims... This ^^^ is why this conversation is stupid. Two guys arguing about subtle degrees of tower flex. One says "yes" the other says "no" as if it's binary. All the while in reality (you know, off the interweb) BOTH these guys have G3's and BOTH their towers flex the same. And the G4 flexes too. And so does your precious Roswell tower.

But we'll spend a week on this topic going round and round. As if it matters two s***s about the LSV vs. X30.

Ahh... another glorious day on TMC!!

Lighten up Francis. Some like towers that flex less and some like upholstered combing pads. Both get the job done.

G4 comparison which should be as Bu says 3X stronger and if i had to guess much more than that.

if the corner bracing supports int he top are very strong it might be similar to the roswell but probably not quite

post-28204-0-27690600-1441138288_thumb.j

G4 comparison which should be as Bu says 3X stronger and if i had to guess much more than that.

if the corner bracing supports int he top are very strong it might be similar to the roswell but probably not quite

And I don't even get photo creds??

also another BIG reason the Nautique is much stronger than the Bu, the fiberglass is much thicker and more reinforced and dispersed in the tower mounting area, as well a wider tower base and more surface area spreads those forces more. Also the top deck is shoebox mount vs butt mount. Do i think it matters much NO....just stating the obvious.

thats also why if you take a nautique through a double up the boat itself will feel much more solid than a Bu simply for the fact the fiberglass is much thicker in numerous areas. The entire boat will rattle/shake less than a Bu will through a hard double up. This is NOT up for arguing, is a Bu too thin? again NO it works i'm just saying a Nautique is thicker fiberglass, just run your hands under seat supports, dash areas, and others, or better yet push on the side of a boat, you can easily bend the fiberglass of your BU if you try but much more difficult to do on a nautique. Again i'm not bashing Bu i like them better i'm just stating the obvious that Nautique's fiberglass is generally all around thicker , i'd like to check out the MC at the shows this year to see how they are.

What nautique are you talking about? The san210 feels the same as any bu I've ever taken through a double up. Taking the deeper hull heavier G23 feels better due to those two reasons. I love nautiques, but you're drunk on the koolaid. Nautique doesn't have significantly thicker fiberglass. Doesn't matter either way when you're towing a tube form the tower, neither built their towers nor the fiberglass around them to tow tubes.

• Like 1

Srsly...if you pick a 100k+ boat based on what you can pull your 11 yr old daughter and her 9 friends ...tubing with no tower flex....never ever post on this forum...no one cares ...your getting in the way of s*** we like to debate..

Omg ...you sir are why the Internet is so f****** awful.

Where does malibu claims the G4 is 3x's stronger than a G3.2? Is this actually published somewhere? If that is the truth it would be amazing and even give the G4 more credibility.

Have you ever been out in another Malibu with a G3 tower? Your experience is not the norm, I want to go out on a limb and say there is something wrong with your G3 tower.

In the innovation video of 2015 one subset was G4 tower. In the video they claim 3x stronger than predecessor (G3).

My G3 would move when the bolts/knobs were not tight enough.

Edited by DarkSide

Srsly...if you pick a 100k+ boat based on what you can pull your 11 yr old daughter and her 9 friends ...tubing with no tower flex....never ever post on this forum...no one cares ...your getting in the way of s*** we like to debate..

Omg ...you sir are why the Internet is so f****** awful.

blaaahaha i love this site! ...its more fun than pushing buttons at Best Buy!

That's because the one and only guy on this site who's owned BOTH of these boats seems to have disappeared under suspicious circumstances...

Instead we have to listen to a guy who's owned NEITHER of these boats yammer on and on about his tower, his toobs, and his obvious lust for Nautique.

image.png
  • Like 2

So TeamG are you going to order new or buy a 2015 left over? I don't think you ever said. Malibu probably has better updates for 2016 than MC. I have looked at the MC thoroughly and there isn't a whole bunch new for 2016 other than a killer driver's seat.