Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How would you fix?

racer808

Curious what some of your solutions would have been. Last summer that damn 303 protector caused me to slip & put all my arm weight on the throttle side vinyl / plastic & due to it's age it cracked all along a 90 degree angle.

I took the side apart, saw it was cracked all the way down so I came up with this idea to use some light gauge angle iron, epoxyed it to secure the bends, let cure for 24 hours then I cut 1/4" plexiglass & epoxyed that over the angle pieces & over all the plastic & below to sturdy it up. I didn't take any picture but it is stronger than ever, although I screwed something up cause I cannot get the bottom of my throttle to sit flush with the side (I am trying to figure out a fix).

Curious how some of you would fix?

Note: I tried in vein to find the entire piece but had no luck so I resorted to red neck engineering

Probably about the same as it sounds like you did. Except maybe used stainless or aluminum.

Finding new parts for the older boats is kind of hard.

Maybe this might work? Looks like they have it upside down in the pictures.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-5431008-black-28-1-2-x-13-1-2-inch-vinyl-plastic-boat-shifter-panel

I was gonna say nope, but then I re read your upside down part. I wonder if that would work? Looks almost identical?

nope, I rotated the pic, I don't think that dogs gonna hunt

Edited by racer808