Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G 3.2 Tower Wires

Murphy8166

Mostly likely doing a 4 speaker, non hlcd setup on our 3.2 tower.

Does the tower come pre wired?

Will i have to run additional wiring in the tower?

Is there already wiring down by the amp rack that is for the tower speakers?

It depends on if you have speakers on the tower already; If not, the tower to amps aren't pre-wired, but there is wire zip-tied under the gunnels that you can pull in to the amp board. I personally replaced the Malibu speaker wire with something that was much higher quality. The wires should be black and zip tied under the gunnel on the observer's side and then run in to the tower and crimped in the plugs 3/4 of the way up on the inboard side.

Check these two videos for details on the existing wire:

Edited by mikeo

On my 22vlx there was one wire ran on each side of tower. I wired my 4 xm9's at 4 ohms with a seperate speaker wire for each speaker (two xm30.2 amps, one amp per pair of speakers). I ended up having to fish another wire to each side of the tower. I believe I used 14 gauge wire. The wires from the tower will be down by the amp rack in a bundle.

It depends on if you have speakers on the tower already; If not, the tower to amps aren't pre-wired, but there is wire zip-tied under the gunnels that you can pull in to the amp board. I personally replaced the Malibu speaker wire with something that was much higher quality. The wires should be black and zip tied under the gunnel on the observer's side and then run in to the tower and crimped in the plugs 3/4 of the way up on the inboard side.0

How did your tower speaker set up work out MIkeO

on that topic of wires in the tower, I was wondering if the G3 tower is also prewired for tower lights. My mux switch is set for tower lights options (rear, front and all) so wondering if it has been wired, would make it easy if I find some tower lights to install.

How did your tower speaker set up work out MIkeO

Stevo: The system is loud... So loud my wife won't let me turn it up because of the kids... I need to spend a few minutes adjusting the EQ, but I need/want to turn it up to do that. I ended up having to use the Malibu speaker shelves, but I really wanted to use the Exile/Samson double brackets. The major difference between shelf & bracket mounts vs. horizontal tube mount speakers is that I can't angle the speakers outboard to have better sound outside the wake for wakeboarding.

I have a tradeshow (that I run part of) next week and load-in started this week, otherwise I'd invite you over to see/hear it. I also got the bow ballast installed and running from the dash system, I just need to put one last check valve in so the bag doesn't drain while running.

Where are you going to be on the water for labor day weekend? I'm thinking Bullards...

Edited by mikeo

on that topic of wires in the tower, I was wondering if the G3 tower is also prewired for tower lights. My mux switch is set for tower lights options (rear, front and all) so wondering if it has been wired, would make it easy if I find some tower lights to install.

Unless there are lights on the tower already, the tower is not pre-wired for lights and chances are that you're also missing the "relay harness" to run the lights. The MUX switches are programmed by default, but you'll need some relays, a bunch of wire, and some lights to make it all work. There is a manual on exactly how to wire it here:

http://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/AlphaInstall.pdf

Pages #6-7 show you exactly what you need for the harness; If I was paying attention before I bought the harness I could have made one from those pictures. Run the "relay harness" to 12+ and your switches and run a ground lead (you can share it between the lights) from the 12- bus bar and you'll be all set. If you do it right, you will only run 3 wires in to the tower for front and rear facing tower lights. If you're really advanced you can pick up the ground lead for the anchor light and use that.

That OEM harness is a very nice harness and well put together. Just note though, its intended for 2 pair of hi-wattage incandescent lights. If you are going to mount LEDs, that harness is likely way overkill, so consider building your own. With LEDs, relays may not even be needed.