Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sheriff Check

Romi

We rolled into Jack Smith's Marina in Needles early last Friday and there was no one taking any fees. Awesome, free launch today. Rolled around towards the launch ramp and see a bunch of E-Zups around a bunch of unmarked trucks and see no one. As we turned the corner we have 8 sheriff deputies, walking towards us.

As I roll down my window, I say hi and one deputy says that they are only checking the numbers on my boat and trailer. He asked a few questions about how long I owned the boat and where I bought the boat. Took them about 3 minutes to look over my boat and trailer. They thanked me and I said "thanks for being here."

Our boats are top dollar, and I am glad to see them supplying the funds to help find the stolen boats.

Did they check just the Hull number or the engine too?

They never climb into my boat. I was talking with the one deputy the whole time.

My neck of the woods, going out tomorrow...hope the boat is still in the storage condo....BTW early or late launch is always free at Jack Smith.

My neck of the woods, going out tomorrow...hope the boat is still in the storage condo....BTW early or late launch is always free at Jack Smith.

Free is good. At Ohio State parks it is always free, all the time. Yay!