Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Temp reading all over the map

Don't know why the link doesn't work, any way it is going form 150 to 200 and back down in about 15 Secs sometimes. I have taken the T/Stat out and boiled it to confirm it is opening and closing as it should.

Forgive me but what and where is the cannon plug?

Forgive me but what and where is the cannon plug?

It is the connection between the engine wiring harness and the boats wiring. Lots of info goes through this connection.

To clean, find it (it will look almost like an old 35 MM film canister secured with a hose clamp) very near your engine ECM. Disconnect it, and clean any debris you find in there out.

***Disclaimer - the following worked for me when I was having an electrical issue, but I am not an expert....so please proceed at your own risk/peril***

When I was having some electrical issues, I disconnected the canon plug, cleand the junk that was in there out, and ever so slightly using a screwdriver 'bent' the male plugs one way or another then reconnected the plug after adding some dielectric grease in there. Never had an issue again, I think the bending of the male connectors helped make better contact between the engine and the boats wiring.

Edited by RTS