Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lakes Near Kansas City

2 ThumbsUp

Planning a late September trip to Kansas City. Would like to bring the boat along and get some time on the water. While I found a few lakes that restrict horsepower or wakes, looks like Smithville, Blues Springs and Longview lakes are all options.

Any thoughts/suggestions on these or others?

You nailed it. That's what we have here! Smithville is just north of KC, Blue Springs is East, and Longview is on the south side. All the lakes are decent and will be about the same as far as scenery and how busy they are. All mud bottom lakes.

Edited by SSinister06

Smithville, in my opinion, is far better than Longview or Blue Springs. It is much larger and has some coves you can get in. I used to go to Smithville for years as I lived in the northland and I now keep my boat in a slip at Longview. It may depend on where you are staying at in the city and what else you have planned. I would be happy to get be you more info if you want.

Thanks for the info all. Not sure yet where we will stay...may stay closer to one of the lakes and drive into the city. Not interested in trailering the boat to one of the hotels on the Plaza.... :)

Smithville is a big lake with lots of room to play. I keep my boat on a lift there and we never have problems. If you plan on playing during the weekdays, you'll have the lake to yourself. Even on the weekends, it isn't that busy. If you plan on going to Smithville, let me know...I can show you the lake.