Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dashboard decal

dragonbill

can anyone help me locate a new decal replacement for my dash instruments on a 1988 Sunsetter? I live up North and the cold weather here shrunk the existing one and made it brittle. If I can't replace it, any suggestions on the type of paint I should use to black out dash area before labelling switches etc.

Thanks,

What I am looking for is a complete dashboard background decal with the gauges cut out and switch labels etc. It also shows slalom times in the center portion.

Edited by dragonbill

Somebody on this site made one I think. Could swear I remember seeing something like that up for sale,I think extras were printed.

Otherwise one idea is to make a panel wrapped in black vinyl. I did this on my 87 when I had it. Used aluminum that conformed to dash shape and wrapped it. Looked pretty cool but a lot of work.

Here it is.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y475/Rugger55/87%20Malibu%20Rebuild%20and%20Custom%20Wedge/DSC07093_zps3b1b7cb5.jpg

I've also seen a few carbon fiber vinyl decals in place of the original. Much easier. But if you can track down the remake of the original that would be sweet!

Edited by rugger