Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intermittent Electric Connections

Earlier this summer I had an intermittent electrical connection on the backside of my power switch. It's caused all sort of havoc on our vacation. I tightened up one of the connections on that switch and it improved the problem, but didn't totally solve it (thought it was solved). Wiggling those connections back there also corrects any problem.

I'm considering applying some electrically conductive paste to those connections to improve electrical contact. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to apply a conductive adhesive, just a paste.

Thanks.

I suspect your connections are carboned up. My suggestion would be to take wires off and clean with emery cloth and then reconnect. If worried about corrosion, just dab a little dielectric grease on it.

• Like 2

And really, grease is grease. Clean the connections and smear, dip, or spray some grease on them before you reassemble them. The main idea is to create a barrier that will keep oxygen and water from corroding the contacts again. I like PB Corrosion Stop in a spray can.