Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Diagnose my Power Wedge Issue

Hoping for some help from the Crew.

Noticed yesterday afternoon while surfing that the wedge on my 2006 23 LSV was not working correctly. I had it set by the gauge at just a little below halfway and it was working fine. Later I noticed that the wave wasn't the same. When I checked the wedge, it was completely down even though the gauge showed just under halfway. I could not get the wedge to move to change the wake but it does still move up and down. It seems that it does not stay where it's set, just falls completely down. (hopefully this makes sense)

The actuators were changed in 2013 according to the previous owner. Last month I changed the switch and it has worked fine until yesterday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Checked that all parts appear to be in working order and that the wedge is indeed moving up and down. Went out the last two evenings and verified that the wedge is staying in place. Talked to Andrew at Bake's and was advised that the only way to calibrate the 2006 power wedge is to run it up and down approximately a dozen times. I have done that and while the gauge is not reading the location of the wedge exactly, as it has done in the past, it is close. Close enough that I'm not going to worry about it.

The best part is that I don't have to spend any money and that I had a great excuse to go surfing the last two evenings. :biggrin:

Edited by Kojak
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was about to say - cycle that thing a couple of times every trip out for a few trips. That actually has helped mine a lot this summer.

The gauge is never very accurate anyway. Especially WHILE the wedge is moving. But it "kinda catches on" after you stop moving it.

• Like 2

^^^^there may be more of a benefit to doing this than we are actually aware of. Mine's been working fine but exercising the system several full cycles shouldn't be bad for it.