Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Selling my Bu to cover my stock losses....

saidainc

That's a positive spin....but why do we need to have a bad year because China has one....I think this is bad news... we are not the EU.

our economy is strongly tied to China's economy. Pick damn near anything we consume or produce and China's economy will affect its production or consumption. Just look at oil prices and exports this year.

our economy is strongly tied to China's economy. Pick damn near anything we consume or produce and China's economy will affect its production or consumption. Just look at oil prices and exports this year.

Even without having the same money!! We need to diversify our trade....it's messed up. We print and the dollar stays up because the EU has shaky countries attached to it...and we go down because China goes down...it needs to stop. We are not Chinese nor China...dang it.

It hurts because China is supporting our grossly overblown spending habits right now. If we do not have China buying our debt, we are VERY limited in what we can do, most likely have to pay more in interest to borrow money as a country.

• Like 2

It's not a loss until you sell.

Unless you have a need for the cash in the next 6 months - leave it in the market. History shows the market recovers, and data shows people who try to time the market get out too late (and take a big hit) and then get back in too late (and miss the gains).

Keep buying.

And yes, it is a global economy - people buy our stuff and we buy their stuff.

China is hedging its financial stake in the US by preparing the battlespace.

Firstly, they will use cyber-terror to glean state and private intellectual properties and secrets.

Secondly, they will use their territorial interests in the South China sea to foment small scale wars and regime changes in their hemisphere.

Pending these victories their conventional army will crush our pre-WW2 standing army to death in any future global conflict.

• Like 2

It hurts because China is supporting our grossly overblown spending habits right now. If we do not have China buying our debt, we are VERY limited in what we can do, most likely have to pay more in interest to borrow money as a country.

...coming from a guy in a forum of guys who buy 100K boats. jussayin...

We are a dying breed...soon I will be cutting the grass of the guy that lives in Mansion...with a small Spanish lingo...

China is hedging its financial stake in the US by preparing the battlespace.

Firstly, they will use cyber-terror to glean state and private intellectual properties and secrets.

Secondly, they will use their territorial interests in the South China sea to foment small scale wars and regime changes in their hemisphere.

Pending these victories their conventional army will crush our pre-WW2 standing army to death in any future global conflict.

Considering what trade with the US means to China's stability both globally and domestically, this makes perfect sense.

I was in the middle of transferring some old 401k from a past employer to a IRA. Cashed out the 401k 10 days ago, sitting here wondering when to buy back in under the IRA. How low can it go :)

I did EXACTLY this 2 weeks ago. I had the check in hand for the new 401k double checking the sum. Some days I'm really happy for a little Serendipity. :) I'm just putting it back in under a money fund for a little bit till I see bottom.

I trade penny stocks and I'm pretty good at it. Started with 5k and as of yesterday was nearly at 50k. I wake up this morning and poof. I'm almost back to where I started. My plan was to buy a new boat cash money with it. Looks like I'll be waiting another year or two :( sad day!

I did EXACTLY this 2 weeks ago. I had the check in hand for the new 401k double checking the sum. Some days I'm really happy for a little Serendipity. :) I'm just putting it back in under a money fund for a little bit till I see bottom.

We are going to sit on the cash for a week or so, see how it looks and jump back in on some high risk stocks. I told my investor I want the stocks to double in 12 moths or be worth nothing. This money is for fun, not playing it safe.

I think you misunderstood his post. He's not talking about individual spending. He's referring to our gov't spending.

Edited by IXFE

I think you misunderstood his post. He's not talking about individual spending. He's referring to our gov't spending.

understood. we are, however, mostly a consumption economy and not a producing one which is another reason why we are where we are.

I just cashed one out myself about 3 weeks ago to pay off some bills. Made it possible for the wife to move to a lower paying job where she works from home. This allows her to be with our kids more. Glad we made that move when we did.