Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Selling my Bu to cover my stock losses....

saidainc

The DOW is down 1000K right now. My Roth IRA, 401K equivalent and stocks are getting hit hard and this is ahead of October and the end of the fiscal year's routine devaluation. Am I the only one that is concerned?

Ya I don't know enough about the market, but I am pretty concerned. Recognizing this is a good time to buy, I am not diversified enough, but I still won't.

Possible war in Korea, explosions all over Asia, and now the possibility of a crash. This is going to be an interesting week!

Can you explain what exactly a crash looks like? It's not meant to be a silly question.

I was in the middle of transferring some old 401k from a past employer to a IRA. Cashed out the 401k 10 days ago, sitting here wondering when to buy back in under the IRA. How low can it go :)

Don't let the -1000 to -300 spike in an hour fool you guys. It's just all the big hedge fund guys and the govt buying all the "discounted" companies causing the market to turn around for an upswing.

Don't let the -1000 to -300 spike in an hour fool you guys. It's just all the big hedge fund guys and the govt buying all the "discounted" companies causing the market to turn around for an upswing.

Speculators say different....that this could be the beginning of August 2008 all over again! Crazy

I transferred my 401k to the Stable Value fund a few weeks ago. I'll let it sit there for a while and see what happens before putting back in. I would've lost about $3,200 so far since I transferred out of the mutual fund. I hate when all the market "Experts" tell us "Don't panic..Keep your money in. It's a longterm investment." Screw that. I'll keep it under my pillow where it won't lose anything except inflation, then put it back in when I feel comfortable...

Markets go up and down. When they go down, consider it a sale. Good companies stock can be purchased at a discount. Look at what some have done in times of market disruption. Buffet may significant investments in the crisis of 2008, to the point that Goldman Sachs said he took advantage of their poor position.....

Cool heads will find values at these prices.

So my way of looking at this is Its all about the long term. We still live in one of the best country's and if we fail I might think the world is in deep $#it.

So I am hoping we can ride out this current government we can get back to a building format.

If not I might be living in the hunting camp. :whistle: Its not good but I still believe!

This brings up a conundrum for me. We are going to start building a house this spring. Should I pull my money out to put down on the house, or let it ride? I'm not talking retirement accounts. We have a mutual fund that acts as our savings account/emergency funds.

Let's see where the dust settles at the end of the day, and again at the end of the week.

In the age of high speed trading and the vast multitude of transaction options that trigger large sales with price movements, huge swings are the new norm. (Which is quite ridiculous if you ask me)

Markets go up and down. When they go down, consider it a sale. Good companies stock can be purchased at a discount. Look at what some have done in times of market disruption. Buffet may significant investments in the crisis of 2008, to the point that Goldman Sachs said he took advantage of their poor position.....

Cool heads will find values at these prices.

That's a positive spin....but why do we need to have a bad year because China has one....I think this is bad news... we are not the EU.

So my way of looking at this is Its all about the long term. We still live in one of the best country's and if we fail I might think the world is in deep $#it.

So I am hoping we can ride out this current government we can get back to a building format.

If not I might be living in the hunting camp. :whistle: Its not good but I still believe!

It hits hard when you realize you aren't living in the best country, or top five for that matter anymore... lol

• Like 2