Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RIP Andy Mapple

msuwaterski

RIP. I have one of his instructional VHS tapes. He was an awesome dude and recent pics I've seen show him to be in great health. Live every day to the fullest.

Edited by NorrisMike

Yes a sad day for me yesterday. I only met him once but he was a great ambassador for the sport and took time to talk with me like I was a peer and the whole time i'm thinking "holy $hit its Andy freaking Mapple" . Funny thing is that on Centurion crew I have one comment on this. I think that none of them know who is was and that is sad in and of itself.

First time I met him my group pulled up with suburbans full of gear. I looked up and wondered who the guy was hauling my ski and bags away. Was only the Greatest Skier of all time playing bell hop. He lived a great, inspiring life and I am fortunate and better to have met him.

ahopkins22LSV
post-23201-0-60507800-1440723430_thumb.j

Wow, that cat could chase some buoys! Great video.

That's an understatement! Just think that was in the late 90's early 2000's. It's still hard for me to believe he is gone. I don't even know how many times I've watched his videos and idolized him growing up. And I still watch his videos and think to myself, damn if I only had half of his skill. Skiing, skis, and boats would not be where they are today without him.

Reading the stories on ball of spray is amazing. He was truly an inspirational and humble human being. It has really affected a lot of my good friends who are even more involved with the water ski scene more than I am. Most of them are in Florida and it is awesome to see them come together in such a bad situation. It was on my bucket list to ski with him. I guess that will have to wait until whatever comes next for all of us after we leave this world.

post-23201-0-60507800-1440723430_thumb.j

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2