Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Introducing Myself

Duckhunt6

Boat%201%202_zps8mkoaplp.jpg

Just joined the page and figured I would introduce myself. I also Just picked up a 2004 Malibu VLX a few weeks ago and know that the previous owner was pretty active on this page according to the dealership and I would like to be able to contact him in case I have a question about the boats wiring for the radio and a few other things (One of them being to thank him for taking such great care of the boat). Whoever owned it previously took great care of the boat as it still looks essentially brand new and only has a few slight scuffs in interior and gel coat is near immaculate. I picked up the boat from Wilson Watersports in Edmond, Oklahoma and they told me that the previous owner was from the Tulsa area. The boat also has a themalibucrew.com sticker above the rear swim platform and he had done the floating wedge conversion by adding the bolts to keep it from locking in the down position (Just a few things that may help me find previous owner).

I couldn't be happier with the purchase as the finish is in my opinion excellent and still very modern considering it is a 12 year old boat. I grew up riding behind a huge 28 foot Cobalt and have only been behind a 2001 tige 21i and a 2009 air nautique as far as tow boats go and this boat has by far been my favorite wake to ride. I might be a little biased already though. Anyway any help finding the previous owner would be greatly appreciated and i'm glad to be a part of this group.

Edited by Duckhunt6

Congrats on the new Bu and welcome to the crew. You won't find a better online experience anywhere.

Now on the the modifications and upgrades......It is time for us to help you spend the rest of your money. :biggrin:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and complements. I think the first thing I need to do as far as upgrades is sack it out a bit. For now the stock ballast has been okay as there is a lot of newer guys that are riding with me but I'd like a little more size for me.