Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Response Stalling out

mccart85

I have a new 2015 Response TXI that has been running great all summer. It has just over 50hrs on it now. Was out skiing tonight and while pulling our 4th skier it just stalled out at the end of a run. It started back up and right around ball 3 on the way back up the lake the thing started to sputter and just stalled out again. Luckily the skier wasn't hurt or anything. After that it didn't want to start again, but we finally got it to start and got back to the dock stalling out a couple more times. No alarms, all gauges look good. No leaks, engine wasn't running hot or anything. The boat as the Indmar 350 in it. The boat had been sitting for about a week, but I've been running it with some stable in the fuel. Not sure if it could be bad gas or a computer chip issue or what. Going to call the dealer, but they aren't open on Monday so thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

Yeah it didn't have much gas in it and I had just added 10gallons to it that day and like I said had run it through 3 or 4 sets before it started acting up. I didn't turn the blower on. My neighbor did mention the vapor lock thing but he thought that was an issue on older type engines. I'm down in Dallas so it was probably 85 or 90 out I guess.