Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV Power loss after hitting wake

I was cruising around 25mph, slowed down for a wake but I still hit fairly hard. Not hard enough to do any damage and no harder than I have ever hit a wake in any other boat, just hard enough to get a couple of hard hits and my boat shut completely down. The motor shut down and the command center went completely black. I pressed the command center power button 3 or 4 times and got it to restart. It was like I just hit the power button to shut it down.

Is this something that anyone has experienced and is it normal? I hope its not normal because like I said, it really didn't hit that hard. I just wonder if I have something loose.

I had it happen to me once, but we didn't hit the any wake. We were launching the boat for the first time, and it died it the middle of the lake for no apparent reason. I discovered that the battery cable connections had never been tightened and had become loose. When they were in contact all was good. I tightened them up and haven't had any sort of problem since. Don't know if this is anything that could have happened to you?

^^^ yes, happened to me on the 5th or 6th time out

ive also heard that power button can be a source of headache , check the connections on the back side, and it may be worth your while to pick up a back up from your dealer

Edited by Stevo