Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking of dumping the echelon for something newer.

powderjay

Love the echelon but not crazy about chasing down my vapor lock type issues. What would my the best boat be for pure slalom in the 15-19k range?

how is the sunsetter for skiing? Saw one local for around 17. Or should I just try and get the echelon dialed in. Can't trust the echelon with the kids taking it out and getting stranded.

Just something to think about, buying a used boat may bring other issues with it to, I'd dig into your problem

for a bit, JB has / had an Echelon, send him a PM. ...or maybe he'll chime in. That's a nice boat a keeper but

at the same time I get your dilemma, reliability is the key!

I'm more than a little biased but the Sunsetter LXI models '99 - '04 are a perfect boat. Awesome slalom wake at all speed and line lengths (my experience only takes me to 35' off though). Nice roomy boat for 3-5 adults and a few kids if needed. And, if you ever wanted to wakeboard or surf is has an good wake with the wedge down for beginner to intermediate levels.

Dude, just realized you are in Brighton. What lake? You're welcome to come down and take a set behind my boat if you'r like.

Edited by msuwaterski

Can I find an lxi under 18k . I've only seen lx's in my budget. MSU, I keep the boat up on elk at our cottage.

Yes you can, just be patient.

Friend got an 01 a few years ago for 14K. I barefoot behind it every week.

If you could get an SSLXI for under $18k in good shape, I'd do it in a heartbeat. In the same respect, if you could get the echelon vapor lock issue resolved, it's a sweet boat. Otherwise I'd be looking to a RLX or Sportster LX. The Sportster wake would be more firm than the RLX, but still a great skiing boat.