Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Computer problems 22 VLX

Bird

Hit 50 hours of run time and changed out the oil on 410. Set up fake a lake to start in the drive way. Pushed the starter button and motor cranked over and over, would not start or turn off the starter motor when the button was released and had to shut down the battery switch. Reset the settings and the same thing happens. Try using the key to start and the same result. Buy now I have a 9 person crew in the driveway ready to go. Call my dealer for advise. Computer may be shot. Send everybody home, strip all gear out of boat and haul to the dealer. Anybody have this problem with a 22 VLX?

checked the kill switch? they've been known to cause endless frustration... There has also been some talk that the power button, even when it appears to be working, can cause problems (not passing power signal due to poor connections).

I hope that it's something simple like the kill switch...

Larson Marine, Central Valley Marine, or Sporting Edge?

Edited by mikeo

Hit 50 hours of run time and changed out the oil on 410. Set up fake a lake to start in the drive way. Pushed the starter button and motor cranked over and over, would not start or turn off the starter motor when the button was released and had to shut down the battery switch. Reset the settings and the same thing happens. Try using the key to start and the same result. Buy now I have a 9 person crew in the driveway ready to go. Call my dealer for advise. Computer may be shot. Send everybody home, strip all gear out of boat and haul to the dealer. Anybody have this problem with a 22 VLX?

While that sucks, it could have been worse, could have happened on the lake...

Did you check the fuses under the dash? There are also a few fuses on back of engine. Was everything else working fine with the touch screen and mtc? I bet it something simple, please report back when you get it back.

ahopkins22LSV

Did you check the fuses under the dash? There are also a few fuses on back of engine. Was everything else working fine with the touch screen and mtc? I bet it something simple, please report back when you get it back.

I agree. Sounds a lot like a kill switch being tripped or a blown fuse. Seems like a very quick and big assumption to go straight to a bad computer/ecm.

OK, so here is the story. The last time out we did not come in till the fuel gauge was on O fuel. When on O fuel the tank would only take around 35 gallons to refill. I had changed oil and wanted to run for a few minutes to check oil on level ground. Dealer said that the starter would have shut off after 30 seconds of cranking. So I have to admit I never expected to be completely out of fuel as it was running as I trailered it last weekend. Sporting Edge was great and fast to expose the fact that I goofed up. I guess because we had a heavy load in the boat when we came in, the last of the fuel was in the back of the tank at the pick up. Next time out I will not push the fuel to the bitter end. And how was your weekend???

So does 0 fuel really men 0 fuel. I've done this in a Malibu and a Nautique (not by choice) but found that the manufacturers give you a grace period in terms of the fuel you have.. I could swear on my 2013 22MXZ I filled up with zero fuel and there was actually five gallons in the tank. Same experience on the Nautique.

Question: How long did you drive with zero fuel?

So does 0 fuel really men 0 fuel. I've done this in a Malibu and a Nautique (not by choice) but found that the manufacturers give you a grace period in terms of the fuel you have.. I could swear on my 2013 22MXZ I filled up with zero fuel and there was actually five gallons in the tank. Same experience on the Nautique.

Question: How long did you drive with zero fuel?

I have taken my fuel gage where I see no green line and still only filled 31 gallons out of 41

Old school you could watch the analog gauge and somewhat pace the time and distance. With the digital gauges only reading the jump from full 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 0 is a little bit different to pace the fuel use. And yes, the boat was running as I loaded and powered up the trailer. But the angle of the ramp would cause any remaining fuel to run to the pickup. In my driveway the boat sits on level ground and may not have picked up the remaining fuel. Trip back to the ramp was about 15 miles, or 30 minutes. Makes me wish there was a site gauge in the top of the tank.

I have found 0% is about 10 gallons left. This when it constantly stays on 0% even when boat is planed out. There is a time frame when it bounces between 0-12% while towing someone, which is about 15 gallons left in tank.

That's funny. Bet you felt like a dumbass. The other week I reset the computer and then called the dealer complaining the code pad was broken, computer was broken,etc. when you reset the computer the code goes to 1234.

That's funny. Bet you felt like a dumba@@. The other week I reset the computer and then called the dealer complaining the code pad was broken, computer was broken,etc. when you reset the computer the code goes to 1234.