Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV HUGE surf wave on starboard, SMALL on port side

rcoman

I just picked up a 2014 23LSV and I'm loving the Surfgate but I can't figure out how to make the wave on the Port side as good as the Starboard side. The wave is waist high on the starboard side and when I switch using surfgate, the wave is only knee high.

Here is my setup:

350 Monsoon

1235 Prop (upgrading to the 2419 tonight :)

All factory ballasts full

Rear plug and play #400lb ballasts full, both sides

10mph +-

4 adult men in the boat

Wedge all the way down (when up click the wedge up a click or two, it washes out the wave)

Should I lighten up the starboard side so that the boat will list a bit? Love this forum, thanks in advance for your input!

See video for Goofy side wave: https://youtu.be/plqxJ0fXNrE

change those 400lb bags for 750's, throw those 400lb bags in the floor (optional), get a 1000lb bow sack and fill it till you like the length. These surfgate boats love weight. My buddy's A22 he cheats a little to the port side he has a 750 in the starboard, and a 1100 in the port. 650 horseshoe sac in the bow.

Even better get a custom one made for both sides going to be spendy but you too can be a ninja like afun.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakemakers-custom-ballast-bag.html

Also speed up, should help the wave from washing out from the wedge start at 10.6 and go up.

The starboard wave will always be better than the port, not sure why its such a huge difference, but every boat I've been on listed or surfgate, this was the case. Just add more weight until the port wave is waist high, then the starboard will be chest high...jk :)

I would add at least 750's in the back and then we click the wedge up 1-2 clicks up. I found it also helps tremendously if you have a couple of people sit in the bow especially if you are running with a pretty full boat of people.

the extra bags in rear the boat are a MUST HAVE (IMO)