Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15 Plug n Play Hoses Kinking

klewislx

I put 600lb Sumo Sacs in the rear lockers and hooked them up to the factory Plug N Play.

Pretty much every line has a kink in it because of the bag size and the uneccesary length of the plug n play lines.

If I am thinking of going with bigger bags at some point or a custom shaped bag, should I leave it alone and limp through the rest of the season as it still functions, just not perfectly, or modify it now and risk modifying it again later with new bags?

Has anyone else run into this and gone through multiple size bags in their quest for an even bigger wave and had to mess with the lines?

klewis,

A couple quick questions. Do you remove your bags? or leave them installed?

If you leave them installed, remove all of the excess CRAP, i.e. the shut off valves, extra hose etc. Then remove the vent line from the hard tank, and vent through your bag. This will force the drain pump to drain the bag before the hard tank. This makes the bags drain 100%, I mean full on pancake flat.

If you plan to upgrade bags, go full custom bags. I attached the drawings for my boat (same as yours '15 24 MXZ). They fit like a glove, the rear tubs do not come out and you still have a small amount of storage on top of the bag for life jackets. I estimate these to be 1200-1250 PER bag! You absolutely will need to reinforce engine dividers if you haven't done that yet. Wakemakers sells a kit for $60 or you can go to Lowes/Homedepot and get everything for $35. You can order bigger off the shelf bags but the results are less than stellar. The 750's will fill most of the way, but your not going to notice a huge difference with that small of a change. Ordering 1100's they will only fill to maybe 850, a noticeable improvement in wave over the 750's. and rear tubs must be removed. I did this last year with my '14 MXZ, I wasted a lot of money buying multiple bags, then finally this year bought custom and wished I would have done that from the beginning.

Downside is it takes 10 minutes to fill and cost is about $550/bag. I ordered directly from fly high (barefoot international) as wakemakers was too busy to even give me a quote. Fly high turned them around in 2 weeks. I will be adding a second fill pump soon and that will get fill times down to an acceptable level.

Upside is wave is phenomenal!

post-24799-0-19177800-1440100043_thumb.j

22MXZ - I have same problem with kinked hoses. Right now it's all factory hoses/etc., but I plan to try the "Malibu HI FLO Plug N Play Ballast Kit" to see if that solves the problem or not - haven't ordered yet. I plan to go to a bigger bag with 2 drains - see my link for ideas people have provided. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56527-2014-mxz-surf-wake/

Thanks for the replies and links to other threads.

So there are three lines in there for the plug n play.

Tell me if I have this correct:

Top one with the shut off is the fill.

Rear is the drain, drains into the hard tank.

Front is what? I thought this might be vent?

There are 2 transfer hoses that connect bag to hard tank. Then 1 drain and 1 fill to hard tank. Fill line has a wye in it to the shut off fill of the bags.

I plumbed the vent into bottom of bag creating 3rd drain from bag to tank. Then vented the bag out the side. I also removed the shut off, and plumbed straight into top of the bag, it Works like a champ.