Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heat moulding binding inserts

isellacuras

Do any of you do it or do you just let them break in? My new board and boots arrive tomorrow. I'm heading out to ride on Sunday but won't have much time between now and then. I can make time if it's something that's needed or highly recommended but if it's just a matter of a few sets to break in, I'll just go that way. This will be my first set of closed toe boots.

I heat molded mine because I could. most awesome fit ever. I like my bindings to be tight for a few reasons, comfort & responsiveness. I reminded myself of the responsiveness issue last winter. I have a pair of ski boots built for me from the footbed up. I couldn't use them because I had a knee injury and they were a bit stiff (120) , sending energy right to the knee. I used a back up pair of boots (80 flex) for most of the season. My foot swam around but I had no knee pain. After my knee improved I had the 120 flex backed off to 110. When I jumped back into the better fit boots, now without pain, I had control that I had forgotten you could have. Mold yours it makes a difference.

Shouldn't be an issue to mold them after riding a few sets. If you don't mold them, they should eventually wear down to a molded form due to your feet wearing out the insole to where it forms around them, especially if it gets really hot where you ride. Molding them just gets them to the shape of your foot quicker.

Edit: Shouldn't take long to mold them, just stick a hairdryer on high heat in the boot for like 5 minutes, thatll get them plenty warm to shape around your foot. Then put them on for like 10-15 minutes.

Edited by t a

I had my Ronix closed toe molded and they fit great. They told me to bring them back every year, or if they get sloppy, to re-mold them. I cannot speak for other brands.