Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1983 Malibu Skier

Islandboater

Hello everyone, my uncle sold me a 1983 malibu skier a few years ago. He ran it quite a bit and did little service. I've done minor work to the engine,oil change, spark plugs, alternator. I've taken it out a few times. I've noticed a few problems/issues with it these past few trips to the delta. I noticed that at certain times through the day the exhaust smokes more than usual and when I open the engine cover smoke is present but no sign of where it's coming from. I know I have an exhaust leak. I'll circle it in the pic. I've tried looking on ebay for a new manifold but I can't find one anywhere. I've called a few local parts stores in San Jose and they can't tell me what engine I have. All I know is its a chevy 350 5.7l there's a stamp on the casting with the number 14010207. Also when I'm making a turn to pick up a fallen skier the boat makes a rumbling noise or when we're cruising and hit a higher speed let's say around 40 mph there's a vibration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Skidim.com may have an exhaust manifold.

Bakes.com is a very good Malibu dealer for parts

Exhaust leak could be the hoses too?

Any pics of the 83?

I always thought 84 was the first year, in any event 350 exhaust manifolds and risers are all over the place, just depends on how much you wanna spend. The manifolds for 350's are all the same. Cpperformance has a bunch of options, plus the above mentioned sites.