Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weird wake / spray from 2014 LSV

rcoman

Hello crew! Need some input on my 2014 bu. I just sold my 2011 LSV and bought a used 2014 LSV. Loving the surfgate and the deeper hull but the wake directly behind the boat while going 15-23 mph is really weird. It's coming together and causing a large "spray". It's so tall that I can't even see my kids kneeboarding. No ballast, not wedge. It's even their when someone is wakeboarding but not as tall. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this? Thanks!

image.jpg

It does not get better when I plane out, only gets better when I reach 26 mph+. I do not have the FAE exhaust currently on the boat but planning on installing one.

Are you running the wedge in that pic? It will throw up a rooster tail at slower speeds. How fast are you towing your rider? You can always lengthen the rope a little to get further back from the rooster tail. If your not using the wedge you can try filling the bow tank to reduce the bow rise a little which might help a little.

edit: I just read no wedge, at a lower speed (15-16) I can see this happening, but usually after 19+ this rooster tail mellows out and goes away. And you are confident the wedge is not being deployed???

Edited by Fman

Normal rooster tail. Even some direct drives (older ones) have it. V-drives always seem worse because of the prop shaft angle. This is why we don't shortline ski behind them. I've gotten a rooster tail right in the nuts before. Not fun!