Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory installed flush kit

Jimmy Buffett

Maybe it's just late night boredom, but am thinking of adding a flush kit for the next project. I've already got a flush-pro so this would be the built-in deal with the garden hose hookup in back.

What type of hose does Malibu use? What about fittings at the transom and at the raw water intake hose?

Has anybody done this mod? Thanks.

I added a Flush Pro to my '04 VLX. also added a 6' hose so I don't bring a garden hose into the boat.

Edited by Faceplant409

I can't post the factory FP setup.(pic is the same size as the first one I posted, but can't upload...) Basically they take the hose from the through hull and make it about 3' longer looping it around the whole space where the V drive is. Cut FP in in a convienient spot.

So the factory just puts in a flushpro and attaches a long hose to a thru hull fitting?

What type of hose?

I've got the factory flush kit on my VLX... Its pretty convinient... It is definitely just a flush-pro tith a long hose to the through-hull ... FWIW, they sell the whole deal as a kit, you could probably call Perko and get the details on the hose. In mine, it is just a rubber black hose with garden hose fittings. I'll snap some photos next time out on the boat...

JZ

I'll probably put in a long hose to the trunk for easier access and if I get inspired I may plumb in a ball valve and a brass T fitting. Not sure I want to put in a permanent water hose fitting through the transom. Thanks for the info.

Update: I took a look (couldn't find the camera). Malibu used some connectors like those seen in the Ballast Connectors thread. It is a barbed right angle to threaded male water hose connector, attached to what is marked as "5/8" Heater Line" (aka black rubber hose) with a stainless steel hose clamp. which runs along side the engine back to the transom. I used it today to flush the boat and I must say, it could not get any more convinient. let me know if you would really like some pictures and I'll try to locate taht camera...

JZ