Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T23 pnp ballast install

cptotr

Just curious if anyone here has added sacs to their t23 yet. I got them in today, so I stopped by the boat shed on the way home to take a look before I brought the sacs out to install. First thing I noticed was where the bow sac is supposed to go, there is one line coming in to the bow area which is connected to a y fitting with 2 more hoses coming off that. I wasn't exactly sure what do do with that. I'm sure other axis boat models have a very similar setup, so hopefully you guys will have a good idea what to do with that.

The other problem I didn't initially notice until I got to thinking about it was on the rear lockers. The quick connectors are attached to hoses and a plug in the very rear of the lockers and also in the very front of the lockers. They come out of the floor and have a 90* fitting on them. The problem is that the hoses also only extend past the 90* fitting roughly 4". That doesn't seem like enough slack to even reach the fittings on the sumo sac. Am I overlooking something or am I supposed to buy more hose and extend the lines? Also I didn't remember seeing a third hose for a vent, but surely I just overlooked it as I wasn't really looking for it. BTW, this is a 2016 t23. I'm sure that doesn't matter as I wouldn't think they would've changed anything on the ballast system.

Any help from you guys would be GREATLY appreciated.

Let's see if I can tackle this. :)

Bow bag. There needs to be one line for fill one for drain and one for vent. I believe the fill and vent are the one looped but not 100% certain. You need to cut the loop too make two line feeds. I think the check valve feeds back to the fill pump. I would put the bag in the bow space and figure out where to cut before you do it. You may want on side longer then the other so it fits. Don't want to make it too short then have to add line later. After you cut the loop determine which one leads to the vent by blowing in it. Again, I think the side with the check valve leads back to the fill pump.

Rear lockers. The bags should have a drain port on the front and the back. That's where those 90 fittings will go. Although you may want to swap out the 90 for a straight feed. The fill line goes into the top of the bag. It should feed out near the front of the locker wall. Mine didn't include a vent feed but I added one so I don't have to babysit while filling. I just spliced into the vent line in the locker. There should be two lines attached to the thru hulls in the locker. One is drain and one if vent. You'll need to determine which is which.http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50436-2015-axis-tower-change/?p=747556

Hope that helps.

I have a 2015 T23 and put sumo 900 in the rear.

There is one fill hose in mine which is attached to top of sac using 90 degree quick connect.

The front drain is a straight connect.

The rear drain connection I did a modification which was simple. It was done over on the Axis forums originally by AJWest. This design allows the rear bag to extend fully out to the rear.

http://axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2400

With regard to the bow sac, my T23 came with 3 hoses all connected to a Y connector. The fill line had a check valve in it if I remember correctly.The other two lines are the drain and the vent. The drain runs to floor and the vent runs to the side.

YOu can search the Axis forum and there is some good info over there.

Edited by MystiikVLX

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it. I ordered sumo 900's but got sent 600's instead so I had to call today to get that fixed. Looks like I'm going to have to wait another day to do the install. I tried to attach pics of my setup from the factory, but can't get them to upload. It appears it was made for the sumo 900 sacs. The fill and drain line both come out of the floor on the rear lockers and 90 so they sit about an inch off the floor and point towards each other the way they should hook up to the sac. They are 48" apart stretched to their closest position to each other so that should work perfect if the sumo 900's are 50" as advertised. I don't have near as much hose as Mystikvlx has on his boat, so no way to attach to the top. Hopefully it will just plug right up.

As far as the bow goes, all my hoses go down through the floor and can't be seen unless I start removing panels. Thanks teamerickson on the blowing in the vent line trick. Since I can see the check valve and figure out which is the vent by blowing in it, hookup should be a breeze.

Do you think it's necessary to tap into vent line for rear sacs or just run without?

My rear bags are not vented, I have the fly high bags made for axis with a vent hole in the top, I just burp them when I fill. Might tap into the vent over the winter.

Edited by ndahlberg12

In case someone else has the same question as the 2016's continue to roll out, I did get the 900 Sumo sacs installed. Took about 2 minutes per side as they had male plugs inserted in the quick connectors. Just had to remove those and the bags fit just perfect with no hose modifications. I think I will tie into the vent lines though so I don't have to keep an eye on them and burp the bags to get the air out. Front was just about as easy as the two shorter lines are the fill and the drain with the fill line having the check valve. The long hose connected to the y fitting is the vent. Again a very easy hookup.

In case someone else has the same question as the 2016's continue to roll out, I did get the 900 Sumo sacs installed. Took about 2 minutes per side as they had male plugs inserted in the quick connectors. Just had to remove those and the bags fit just perfect with no hose modifications. I think I will tie into the vent lines though so I don't have to keep an eye on them and burp the bags to get the air out. Front was just about as easy as the two shorter lines are the fill and the drain with the fill line having the check valve. The long hose connected to the y fitting is the vent. Again a very easy hookup.

Let's see some pics of your wave! We decided on a t23 but won't order until December. Curious to see what the 900lb sacs will do to the wave. I've only experienced the t23 with 750s