Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Radio doesn't pick up stations

Nelsonh

My boat has weak reception for FM stations also, although I do get the close and strong stations.

What I can't figure out is this. When we are anchored and listening to the radio, as the breeze slowly rotates the boat around, the signal strength must get weaker. But instead of the station getting lost, or the station getting static because of a low signal, the volume goes up and down. The quality of the sound seems to stay the same as the boat rotates, but it gets louder and softer. I don't understand it and it's annoying.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get F M stations on a boat stereo? Not much antenna. Floorboard woofer shot but the other speakers work

I got tired of not getting any stations so I bought a portable car XM tuner and do a 5 month for $5 each month subscription to XM and then cancel it before the 5th month ends. It takes me pretty much thru all of my boating season (May 1st - end of September).

• Like 2

I got tired of not getting any stations so I bought a portable car XM tuner and do a 5 month for $5 each month subscription to XM and then cancel it before the 5th month ends. It takes me pretty much thru all of my boating season (May 1st - end of September).

Boy, that is a great idea! I am going to look into that for next season!