Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2775 vs OJ 945

DatTexasBoy

Anyone had a chance to compare the two yet?

I currently have the 2775 (15x12.5) and ordered the OJ 945 (15x13) as a second option or backup. I plan on testing it and get a real world comparison on the two this weekend. Eric at OJ seems to think it may out perform the ACME.

Well I hope not. My dream is that I get same hoelshot and slightly better RPM's.

Shawn, why do you think that?

Edited by DatTexasBoy

Well I hope not. My dream is that I get same hoelshot and slightly better RPM's.

Shawn, why do you think that?

Because I have run both the 945 and 2315. If there's a difference it's small enough to be irrelevant.

My 945 is currently de-cupped (is that a word?) from .090 to .070 and it runs more like a 2419 now. Definitely higher RPMs than a 2315. But before the cup change it was nearly identical to 2315.

It's been said several times that an OJ 15x13 acts like an Acme 15x12. Pitch numbers are not the same between the 2 manufactures. You might try an Acme 2773 or OJ 948 to get a similar hole shot with lower cruzing RPM's.

Edited by gorilla

I have been running the 948 because my 2315 is getting repaired. I might just leave it on, I ran it at 2500' the past few times out and I was able to surf 11mph, mls full, 900's in lockers, 650 bow bag, wedge two clicks up with no issues. Really nice thing was my rpms were around 3100 which was great. We only had 4 people in the boat. The more I use it, the more I am liking this prop.

Dat tex boy, if your at sea level, I would highly recommend looking at the 948 for your supra. Eric at OJ will send you one to demo for free if you get a hold of him.

Edited by Fman

With the 948 I never have gone wot, fastest I have tried was 36 mph at 4800 rpm. I'm sure it would be at least 40 at wot. For some reason I don't feel good tacking the boat out at 5200+ rpms. Typically I cruise at 28-30, at 30 mph rpms are 3900.

Edited by Fman

^^^based upon Fman's feedback of the OJ 948 and my experience with the ACME 2773, I'd say these two props run pretty similar.

ACME 2773:

3500 rpm: 28 mph

3750 rpm: 30 mph

4000 rpm: 32 mph

WOT 5500 rpm: 41+ mph

Edited by Cory

With the 948 I never have gone wot, fastest I have tried was 36 mph at 4800 rpm. I'm sure it would be at least 40 at wot. For some reason I don't feel good tacking the boat out at 5200+ rpms. Typically I cruise at 28-30, at 30 mph rpms are 3900.

What are the numbers on the 948 (15X?)

What engine do you have DTB? What's your transmission ratio?

I know I'm running the 350, but when I pulled my 1235 for the 948 I'm running now I saw a 300-500 rpm drop during surfing and just cruising speed.

Wel I had a chance to run the 945 this weekend and was very surprised at the performance. The holeshot on the wakeboard was better than the 2775. Not over the top better, but noticeable. When surfing we were able to get up to speed and hold that speed better with 10 people in the boat compared to 4 the other day. It also ran 200rpm less on both wake and surf. The 945 is a WIN for me. 2775 will now be the spare.

Edited by DatTexasBoy
  • Like 2

What engine do you have DTB? What's your transmission ratio?

I know I'm running the 350, but when I pulled my 1235 for the 948 I'm running now I saw a 300-500 rpm drop during surfing and just cruising speed.

I had the 2315 on and now am going to keep the 948 on, I'm really liking it too. A little less torque than a 945/2315 but still enough juice to push any weight I need. The 3100 rpms for surfing is very, very cool.

• Like 1

I was very surprised at the performance of the prop. Really didn't give it much of a chance, but I needed a spare none the less. Always happy when something out performs your expectations.

I will add this, Our OJ prop is WAY more durable than our Acme. We have a lot of misc debris in the river we run a lot and the OJ has been incredible. I used to have two Acme's and had to have them retuned at least once each per season. They just get "dinged" easier. The OJ has been incredible, never once repaired or "tuned" in 3 years. Track record and performance has been great.

I wish one of them would make a 15.5 diameter. I think I could fit one.

You would be braver than I. That would be gettin awfully close to the hull IMO.

It looks like I have about 2 inches of clearance. I'll measure next time I take it out. I would be ok with .25 closer.

Wow. They must of changed shaft placement on the 15's. My 2247 is maybe 3/4 to 1in off the hull.

It looks like I have about 2 inches of clearance. I'll measure next time I take it out. I would be ok with .25 closer.

Call eric at oj, I bet he could make you a 15.5" prop. That would be very cool.