Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it - a PerfectPass problem

Let me begin this post by stating that my PerfectPass (PP) has always worked perfect. That it is, until I decided to make a Speedo adjust on it to match my GPS. I started pushing buttons that I thought would adjust the PP speedo to match my GPS. Well, I clearly didn't know what I was doing because now the Speedo on the PP only reads 0.0 no matter how fast I am going.

I'm trying to get this fixed before I get off the water today. That's right, I'm still on the water and will be for 2-3 more hours. I downloaded the PP users manual and followed the directions on speedo adjust, but my PP speedo still reads 0.0. I then tried to call PP tech support, but of course they close at 4pm Eastern and I am on the West Coast. The trouble shooting guide suggests that when the speedo reads 0.0 to check the paddle wheel to ensure that it is spinning freely. Well, I had no indication that my paddle wheel wasn't spinning freely, because, as I said before, my PP was working perfectly before I started pushing buttons on it (why couldn't I just leave it alone?). However, I checked that paddle wheel and it is indeed spinning freely.

Themalibucrew has always provided great info when I needed it for my boat and I am hoping you guys will be able to come through again. So, I think I'll just crack a beer and enjoy the sun while I wait for you guys to post the solution to my problem. Thanks in advance.

Did you try a system reset? Probably the simplest solution if it is in fact the gauge & not the paddle wheel. My paddle wheel went out & you can't by the old style which I believe you have as well. You can purchase the new kind but you have make the hull hole larger, which I didn't want to do so I ended up buying the star gazer upgrade.

I tried a system reset by following the directions in the manual that I downloaded by holding the on/off button and the menu button at the same time for five seconds, but that didn't work. This made me think that maybe I downloaded the wrong manual, but it was supposed to be for 2005 and older Malibus, so I figured it was the right one. So, I don't know why I wasn't able to do a system reset.

What version of pp? If stargazer it sounds like you put it in GPS mode without a GPS puck.

It's not stargazer, it's much older than that. I believe it is PP Wakeboard Pro 6.5.

Those sound like the correct directions, as long as you did it right after turning the key on.

http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all/themes/perfectpass%20-%20Copy/images/wakeboardpro65mechanical.pdf

That's not the correct manual for my boat. This is the one...

http://www.perfectpass.com/sites/all/themes/perfectpass%20-%20Copy/images/wakeboardpro2005.pdf

Well, I called PerfectPass today and they were able to help me resolve my problem in a matter of about 30 seconds. All it needed was a system reset. To do this, you need to start the boat up and before PerfectPass fires up completely, simultaneously press the on/off and menu buttons. This will allow you to reset the system. The problem I originally had with trying to reset the system was due to the fact that after I started the boat, I was waiting too long to press the buttons. The key to the reset is immediately pressing the on/off and menu buttons after starting the boat. Anyway, thanks so much to the guy (i forget his name) at PP for helping me resolve my issue. :thumbup: He was awesome! :yahoo: Hopefully this little tid bit will help other in the future.