Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Bimini parts

wdr

I am looking for a place that sells Bimini clips that will slide onto the long ends of a G3 Bimini and allow the vertical support legs to snap into the open ends of the clips. The part basically looks like the number "6" with the open end having a more pronounced hook to it to retain the legs. I have seen something similar on the Bimini of an '11 Response and every other boat afloat to include pontoons have them! I have tried the web Taylormade, Iboats, Overton's you name but no joy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill.

I think I know what part you're looking for, but don't have a picture to share (and google isn't helping). Is your bimini an Apex/Commercial Sewing (sounds like it is) or Great Lakes Boat Top?

Regardless of which one it is, call the manufacturer and ask how you can get the part. Since they put the bimini together, they will know exactly what part it is.

Apex/Commercial Sewing

apexcanvas.com

(865) 458-8828

500 Rpm Dr # 1

Loudon, TN 37774
Great Lakes Boat Top
greatlakesboattop.com
(423) 884-6761
15 Quality Cir
Vonore, TN 37885
When I search on images.google.com for "bimini clip" I see a bunch of things that will work, but aren't exactly what came with the bimini I have...

mikeo, the clip I am looking for isn't OEM on my G3. I am kind of Frankensteining the clips for the legs. Thanks for the info though I will give them a call. I know the stuff is out there, but is like trying to find unicorns and fairys!

mikeo, the clip I am looking for isn't OEM on my G3. I am kind of Frankensteining the clips for the legs. Thanks for the info though I will give them a call. I know the stuff is out there, but is like trying to find unicorns and fairys!

I think the clip you're looking for is something I have on my G3 bimini (Apex); Your description of it looking like a 6 are spot-on. Unfortunately my boat "lives" about an hour from me... I need to stop by on Wednesday so I'll take a picture then, but hopefully you have found the part by then an have it ordered.

Update: my google-fu has increased with more coffee, is this what you're looking for:

post-3087-0-59956500-1439833288_thumb.jp

Edited by mikeo

No mods, just trying to keep the little legs from scratching the black wrinkle finish and the fiber glass when "we" stow the bimini. It seems that any time the bimini is put away or up it turns into an a_ _ whooping for my wife and the Rev-10 dual speaker mounts and the G3 suffer! I have caps for the main frame legs, I just need the clips for the legs. Thanks for the offer, what mod did you do the fold over?

Edited by wdr

I incorporated a couple of hinges that allow the bimini to fold forward whereas before, it would just stow (actually just roll up) to the to the trailing edge of where it is when it's open. Horrible design.

See my boathouse if my explanation doesn't make any sense. Pic is worth a 1000 words...