Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23 lsv surfing

DKD

I want the perfect wave and don't think I have it yet. We run full hard ballast and there quarters full on 750 fat sacs in the back. That is one on both sides 750 each but not full. We have a tall wave but I think it's not long enough. If anyone has the same boat what is your set up for that perfect wave.

My best regular wave -

Full hard tanks, full 750 rear left, 60% full rear right 750, full fat sac in the coffin (observers side - 310lbs), and a U-shaped front sac. Lastly, wedge 2 clicks up makes a HUGE difference.

Now you can still get a really nice wave with a little less front and a little less rear. My wave is much better with the boat listed a bit and I find the goofy wave is hardly affected, although if the boat is level the goofy wave is dynamite.

Hope that helps.

TK

Edited by tjklein

Add a bow bag. Right now all of your weight is in the rear of your boat adding bow weight will lengthen your wave by adding more wetted area while underway.

Full MLS

Full Wakemakers custom (1,600 lbs)

Wedge all the way down; adj 1-2 clicks up based on number of people on board

Full 1,000 lbs bow sac

11.2 mph (still need to confirm paddle wheel with GPS)

water depth greater than 16 feet

I get an awesome wave with this setup.

Full MLS

Full Wakemakers custom (1,600 lbs)

Wedge all the way down; adj 1-2 clicks up based on number of people on board

Full 1,000 lbs bow sac

11.2 mph (still need to confirm paddle wheel with GPS)

water depth greater than 16 feet

I get an awesome wave with this setup.

are you running that wakemakers custom on both sides or just surf side? Anything besides stock on non surf side?

I fill up the all four of the factory ballast, power wedge set on the highest wave mark and on the surf side I fill a 750 fat sac in the back and on the none surf side I fill the 750 a little more than half. If I go more than that it sinks the surf gate and the wave sucks. I think the added weight on the bow will help. My current wave is Hugh but not as long as I want it.

are you running that wakemakers custom on both sides or just surf side? Anything besides stock on non surf side?

Both surf side and non-surf side completely full. Have not tried biasing (slight list) on the surf side yet. I'm at the point where the wave is not holding me back, so have not bothered with the experiment.

I fill up the all four of the factory ballast, power wedge set on the highest wave mark and on the surf side I fill a 750 fat sac in the back and on the none surf side I fill the 750 a little more than half. If I go more than that it sinks the surf gate and the wave sucks. I think the added weight on the bow will help. My current wave is Hugh but not as long as I want it.

What's your speed? If I slow to like 10.2, I get a very tall but not long wave. With my rear weight, bow weight and increased speed keeps a good height on the wave with nice length. I'll get a picture when out Thursday. Finding a lake close to home with decent consistent quality depth is challenging.

faster you go the longer the wave. Eventually there are diminishing returns, but 11.5-12.5 will give a nice long wave. You may need bow weight to be able to get the boat going that fast, depending how heavy you are in the transom.