Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Dipstick, Question

wakesonthesnake

I was told the dipstick on my 2006 Hammerhead was correct, but now I wonder. I read that the new dipsticks had the number 383 on them. Mine says 55-1545. The other thing that makes me wonder if it is correct is when the oil was less than a half quart low I got the low oil alarm when coming off plane. Does anyone know if my #'s are the old or new dipstick?

Thank You

Independent of what the alarm is doing, I would watch that oil pressure gauge. My pressure would always drop when accelerating from a stop with ballast. The pressure dropping when the rpm's are increasing, in my case, meant the oil pickup was becoming uncovered and sucking air. This is probably the worst thing you can do to an engine.

Thank you oldjeep, that is the post that really made me wonder. I am assuming then that he is 100% on the numbers? My oil pressure was fine, it was momentary as has been hashed on the site, but thanks for the warning. Just wondering if I need to just mark this dipstick after adding the extra quart. I was told it was the new one, apparently not.