Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering a 2016 LSV. Just a couple questions

Dirtymax132

Well i'm getting ready to order a 2016 lsv. I have all the option I want and colors picked out. We live in Oregon and so far are dealing with Active Water Sports (they have been awesome). My question is, has anyone on here bought a boat threw them if so are they paid on commission? Whats would a reasonable % to as them to come down on the total price? Also I think they have given me a decent price on the boat but I defiantly want to shop around even if it means out of state. So if anyone has so ideas on other good dealerships to deal with and get quotes that would be great. Thanks in advance

the way malibu's dealer system works dealers are strongly discouraged from selling boats to buyers who live "out of territory." And there are many horror stories of people who bring boats purchased from other dealers in to their local dealer for warranty work and get treated like second class citizens.

Best bet is to understand what "market" is in your region, and negotiate with (and only with) your local dealer.

Cory (above) IXFE, and many others have purchased from AWS recently.

Just check some dealerships around your area with their lot inventory. Email them and ask prices. Don't waist to much of their time. That should help put your mind at ease. Then buy from your local dealer. You will need them! Even if you have to pay a little more, it is worth it. And a good deal is one that YOU are happy with.

Edited by Excel516

I have bought a few boats from AWS... one time I strayed to another dealer and quickly learned what a PITA the wrong dealer can be.

As Cory said... We're luck to live in AWS territory. They are absolutely first class and they treat customers like family, cuz that's what you will become. In my experience their pricing is very fair / competitive with other Malibu dealers. It's not like them to price gouge as their nature is more geared toward building long term relationships as opposed to maximizing one single transaction (like alot of other places).

I have bought a few boats from AWS... one time I strayed to another dealer and quickly learned what a PITA the wrong dealer can be.

As Cory said... We're luck to live in AWS territory. They are absolutely first class and they treat customers like family, cuz that's what you will become. In my experience their pricing is very fair / competitive with other Malibu dealers. It's not like them to price gouge as their nature is more geared toward building long term relationships as opposed to maximizing one single transaction (like alot of other places).

Are you talking about uncle Matt or cousin Mason? There was brother Gerry, but he left the family when he married into the Hatfield clan.

Edited by Cory
  • Like 2

I have never made a big purchase from AWS, but have bought a fair amount of gear at the yearly Seattle Boat Show. Super customer service, great folks to do business with. I would definitely be looking at the long term return on investment - peace of mind vs shopping for the absolute best price.

BTW congrats on the new boat!!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been using Mason and he has been fantastic. Extremely helpful and adds advice when needed.

He is a long time member on here and a stand up dude to boot.

Are you talking about uncle Matt or cousin Mason? There was brother Gerry, but he left the family when he married into the Hatfield clan.

Obviously Matt and Mason are awesome. The guys in Service are great too (Jeremy and team)... so is the Pro Shop (Dan, Brady, etc.). I even like their Supra / Nautique salesman, Gregg.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been using Mason and he has been fantastic. Extremely helpful and adds advice when needed.

I just droped my 2015 off for some maintance and warrenty work, Dang Treated me like royalty, Jeremy was in my boat with a pad making sure we had everything on the list to do, and followed up with an update the next 2 days, Now that my friends is customer service, AWS is Awesome!